First Big Event

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AustinW2000

Original poster
Apr 17, 2018
Catering for an event tomorrow starting at 6:00. Smoking 8 butts, 40 pounds of chicken quarters,baked beans, and mac n cheese. There's gonna be red rice, coleslaw and an oyster roast as well. Any one have any tips on working for a big crowd??

Boy I hope you have done this before, cause that's a pretty big undertaking for a first catering job!
I have never cooked for a group that large, so I can't give you any help!
Al

Update: butts are off, waiting to be pulled / mac n cheese and beans are almost done/ chicken quarters and gettin a lot of heat to try and crisp up the skin. Hopefully people like it. A lot of time has gone into this

So the meats been done for a little bit. What do y'all think about bringing the smoker down to 150 and treating in like a warmer oven??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky