First beef of the season.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well, after spending most of Friday looking at cars online and in person. I decided Saturday afternoon would be kettle time in the backyard. It was a pretty nice day, with a light wind and temps hovering around 60*. I broke out the 22/Vortex combo for some beef tips and filet mignon.

First up, the wife's new wheels. 2022 Dodge Charger holdover. I'll have to work at least another year and a half to pay for this thing, but the wife is happy.

DSC04889.JPG

Can't forget old reliable:
DSC04897.JPG

The beef tips. Marinated overnight in Teriyaki sauce:
DSC04892.JPG

The mignon: Seasoned with Kosher salt and CBP.
DSC04893.JPG

Tips over the Vortex:
DSC04898.JPG

Meat released and flipped:
DSC04901.JPG

Tips replaced by the mignons:
DSC04902.JPG

And once again when the meat releases it's time to flip:
DSC04904.JPG

Off the grill and into the house for a short nap:
DSC04905.JPG

Sliced shot of the tips:
DSC04906.JPG

and one of the mignon:
DSC04908.JPG

Thanks for staying with me.

Chris

The meat looks delicious and perfectly done Chris!

Ooh, a regular Genny aka Genny Screamer in the red can? I haven't had one of those in awhile, the cream ales are too good and the regular Gennys never agreed with me, but I wouldn't pass one up if offered.

The meat looks delicious and perfectly done Chris!

Ooh, a regular Genny aka Genny Screamer in the red can? I haven't had one of those in awhile, the cream ales are too good and the regular Gennys never agreed with me, but I wouldn't pass one up if offered.
Thanks Xray, I like the cream ales better, but at 4.99 a six I couldn't resist.

Looks good from where I am sitting Chris!

Dave
Appreciate it Dave, It hit the spot.

Chris

Reactions: Flatrate
That’s all just perfect and a great process. The new wheels look fun also. Good to see you thriving Chris. Carry on.

Reactions: gmc2003
That’s all just perfect and a great process. The new wheels look fun also. Good to see you thriving Chris. Carry on.
Appreciate it SE, I haven't driven the new car, but her old one handled like a go-cart. I expect this one will also.

Chris

Its nice for the season to finally break and your onto the Beef .

It looks very good, its been a while for me to do a Teriyaki sauce meal, thanks for the idea

Nice new wheels for the wife... only 1 1/2 years to pay it off that's good ( as long as she is happy )

David

Whoa! A new ride, happy wife, sparking up the Weber, you got it all going on Chris! A darned nice cook too, bet you're thinking about that spinner. RAY

Great cook! And love the car, too!

Now, for a very rookie question (and no laughing, at least not on the forum); where on the cow do the tips come from?
Kim

Its nice for the season to finally break and your onto the Beef .

It looks very good, its been a while for me to do a Teriyaki sauce meal, thanks for the idea

Nice new wheels for the wife... only 1 1/2 years to pay it off that's good ( as long as she is happy )

David
Thanks David, It good to see and taste beef off the kettle again. Anytime I do flank or tips they're always done teriyaki style. For me they go together like chips-n-dip.

Great cook and nice lookin' ride .
Appreciate it Rich, the newer charger isn't as sporty looking as the older one, but it is very quick and smooth.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky