Finally! FAST FOOD worth writing about!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have wanted to try this because I have never had pork belly (other than bacon).  I had an opportunity to try it about a month ago, but passed up on it because I just can't imagine "fast food pork belly" to be all that good.

I saw that Sammy go by on my TV a couple days ago, so I backed up my DVR to get a closer look.

I told Mrs Bear to take a look, because It looks Awesome. Gotta wait until we get to Quakertown, because there's an Arby's right in my path.

Thanks for the Confirmation, Jimmy!!!

Bear

BTW: Here's the Picture I saw:

1024x557_SmokeMt_silo_tan.jpg

[h1]SMOKE MOUNTAIN SANDWICH[/h1]

Thanks for posting the Pic Bear.

My sandwich actually looked like this but with no air pockets in the folds of the meat. Still it was piled high and a mouthful for me. My one daughter that talked me into going, struggled to get a bite of all layers and looked funny with a face full of BBQ Sauce!...JJ

Last edited:
 I wonder if will get them here in Canada, I would try one if they were available..... Sounds great....

I'm with you on this JJ but like said not all do the same. We have a Hardies near us that should be closed they hurt the reputation of all others. Yet 12 miles away that ones great. But our local  Arby's that sandwich was just plain awesome.

Warren

I am going to try the all Pork Belly version today. It has some big shoes to fill after the other day!...JJ

Ok, The Belly sandwich is tasty but not as magical as climbing Smoke Mountain. With 2 3/8 thick slices of belly, leaner than l would have liked, the tasty smoked cheddar and onion straws, it was satisfying but more of a Lunch sized portion than it's big brother. I don't know if l will get to Arby's anytime before the promo runs out but l forevermore am a committed Mountaineer....JJ

Last edited:
They also have a meat mountian which I believe has all there meats but fish on it. I haven't had the smoke mountian but for fast food there brisky sammiches are pretty tasty!

Dubois!? Man you're close! I see you live in emporium, do you know where Kane or even ludlow is? That's where I live (ludlow). I was just in ridgway Sunday for my daughters soccer game.

They also have a meat mountian which I believe has all there meats but fish on it. I haven't had the smoke mountian but for fast food there brisky sammiches are pretty tasty!

I climbed that Smoked Mountain this past Tuesday. It was so good l had to tell you guys about it. I will have to try the Brisket sandwich at some point...JJ

I've had the brisket sandwich and like it. The arby's up the street from me has been pretty good, but the one near our mall hasn't been that great.

I concur with Chef JJ....this sandwich is all it is claimed to be. I had one while on the road traveling on my turkey hunt recently, holy smokes-what an awesome sandwich! Sure hope this one is not a limited edition because it is the best Fast Food sandwich I have ever had.

I tried one of these sandwiches a couple weeks back, and I have to agree with JJ...I was very pleasantly surprised!  Much better sammy than the typical fast food slop for sure!

Red

I should be getting my chance to sample a "Smoked Mountain" tomorrow & the Pork Belly Sammy on Thursday, as Mrs Bear is going by an Arby's tomorrow & will get me some Sammies to go.

Bear

In Colorado Springs they have a restaurant named "Rudy's" I looked em up online once, seem's like they are Texas New Mexico and Colorado only if I remember right, but its a smokehouse thats basically fast food! Even have a drive thru. Smoked everything, sells rubs and sauces, love the names on the sauces, one was sissy sauce, i called it wifey sauce...lol

Not done Arbys in ages cos they want $5 for a .25 cent sandwich, but that rudy's is great if you ever get the chance try it, the loaded smoked potato is awesome! I used to buy their rub but its super salty.

OK guys, I've had them all now.

I gotta rate them:

#1   Smoke Mountain Sandwich

#2  Pork Belly Sandwich

#3  Brisket Sandwich

My Second Smoke Mountain wasn't as good as my first (Weeks later), but still better than most Fast food Sammies.

Bear

We have Arbys here in Tyler always pretty good,  

Gary

Limited Time is over on the two best Sammies.

The Smoke Mountain Sandwich and the Pork Belly Sandwich are no longer offered at our Arby's.

A couple new ones are there, and they're not near as good.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky