Finally dusted off the 26er and fired her up.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love my 26" Weber. It gets used heavily.

The 26er has taken over as my goto cooker/smoker. I use it for everything except when I do chicken. Then I break out the 22 and the Vortex. Appreciate the kind words also Weber.

That's a sweet meal for sure Chris. You gotta love them Webers!

Dave
No arguments from me Dave about the Webers, and thanks for the compliment.

Chris

I remember seeing him in several of your pictures. Looked like a very handsome fella. I bet it was fun rolling around with him in that big yard. I know that in my case I am down to my very last kitty. We only have cats here but it is very difficult to lose your friends. If you guys decide to take on a new puppy at some time I am sure that Skidmark will be there in spirit to show them the ropes and how to guard the Q. Take care my friend.

G

Reactions: gmc2003
Man that looks awesome Chris! Done perfectly! Great memorial smoke for Skidmark. I need to dig one of the rib roasts out of our freezer.

That looks Grandiferous and tasty too.

Thank you muchly kruizer and for the like. After eating indoor foods all winter this was especially good.

Looks Mighty Tasty from the Den, Chris!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Appreciate that John and the like. It was good, and thanks for the tip on keeping the cooking temp lower.

Chris

Great job Chris. That looks good before and after you sliced it.

Rob

Thanks Rob and for the like, It was a good hunk of meat for sure. Especially at the discounted prices.

Looks good Chris! Great job! And Skidmark would be proud!

Appreciate that Justin and for the like. I was at a loss with what to do with the scraps of meat on my plate. When I was full. Oh well wrapped in the fridge for another day.

Chris

I remember seeing him in several of your pictures. Looked like a very handsome fella. I bet it was fun rolling around with him in that big yard. I know that in my case I am down to my very last kitty. We only have cats here but it is very difficult to lose your friends. If you guys decide to take on a new puppy at some time I am sure that Skidmark will be there in spirit to show them the ropes and how to guard the Q. Take care my friend.

G

Yeah he liked having his pic taken. He and brothers and sisters were found abandoned on a friends property. Skid was the last pup to be adopted. He was our first and only dog to never have had an accident in the house, and he never stole food from the table. He would however put his nose over your plate if you left it on the coffee table and breath on it. Knowing full well we wouldn't eat it after and he would get it. Smart dog.

Man that looks awesome Chris! Done perfectly! Great memorial smoke for Skidmark. I need to dig one of the rib roasts out of our freezer.

Appreciate the like and compliment Jeff. It was good to get outside and Q again.

Chris

Chris that looks great I could eat that kind of a meal any day. Points
Richie
I thought I posted yesterday sorry for being late

Wow Chris...what can I say that has not already been said? That is one absolutely perfectly cooked roast and simple gorgeous picture. Great job buddy. I gotta admit though, the part about missing Skidmark kinda brought a tear to my eye. Bianca (pictured in my avatar) has been with us since I got my first smoker and has been there for every single cook...and there have been a bunch of them. When I read your comment about Skid I looked at Bianca's picture and wondered what it's gonna be like when she's not here to oversee my cooking follies. I've had dogs all my life but she is far and again the best I've ever known. Thank you for sharing sir.

Robert

Chris that looks great I could eat that kind of a meal any day. Points
Richie
I thought I posted yesterday sorry for being late

Late, no reason to be sorry Richie. The way folks are posting new threads. I think I miss at least half of them. Thanks for the like and compliment also.

Wow Chris...what can I say that has not already been said? That is one absolutely perfectly cooked roast and simple gorgeous picture. Great job buddy. I gotta admit though, the part about missing Skidmark kinda brought a tear to my eye. Bianca (pictured in my avatar) has been with us since I got my first smoker and has been there for every single cook...and there have been a bunch of them. When I read your comment about Skid I looked at Bianca's picture and wondered what it's gonna be like when she's not here to oversee my cooking follies. I've had dogs all my life but she is far and again the best I've ever known. Thank you for sharing sir.

Robert

Robert, thank you very much I really appreciate it. Believe me Bianca will always be there one way or the other overseeing your cooking follies. With just from what I've witnessed here on the forum, and thru your generosity with other members. I can only imagine what her life is like.

Chris

Well it's been a few months since I've been able to lite some charcoal. Oh, we've had a day here or there of nice weather, but I've always seemed to be working on those days. Not this day - um I'm mean yesterday. This smoke was also kind of special for me. You see, it's my first smoke in 13 years without my little buddy skidmark by my side(RIP little buddy). Ok enough small talk - let's get it started again!!!

First off. I gotta get the kettle going: One cube, four briquettes, a chunk of hickory and one apple chunk. All in the SnS.
View attachment 490258

After the coals start ashing over I add the hot water and the rest of the coals:
View attachment 490259

I like the tasted of pure beef so here's my slightly seasoned rib-roast.
View attachment 490260

Distance shot:
View attachment 490261

Added some beef broth and beef consomme to hold the drippings. The liquids sorta look like - well you know. However it tasted real good.
View attachment 490262

One russet for me, and a sweet potato for the misses: That roast is sure taking on some nice color.
View attachment 490263

...and she's done: Pulled at 127* and let her rest for 20min.
View attachment 490265

First slice of the year!!! Purty ain't she...
View attachment 490267

The only plated shot I got. I was powerful hungry. Besides the roast we also had the potato, and a melody of peas/corn. Not a bad meal for being the only meal of the day.

View attachment 490269

Thanks for taking a peak, Skid would have loved this one.

Intangibles: Smoked at 230* with one spike upward of 250* for about 15+ mins. Total cook time was between 3-4 hrs.

Chris
Looks awesome, perfect cook on it.

Nice job Chris, that is cooked perfect! Tough to lose the ones we love, I’m pretty sure in some way Skid was right there with you!

Hey Chris,

Great looking beef! Pretty work on that.

I'm down to two meals a day but thinking of going to one. Just can't eat like I used to.

Is your SnS the one for the 22 inch kettle? I haven't found one made for the 26, yet.

My Lab Buddy will be 12 in July. He's slowing down and I am dreading the day. Condolences for your loss.

Nice job Chris,
But most importantly, very sorry for the loss of your pup. We are a cat family and have gone from 3 to 1 over the past 18 months. Know what you are going thru, it hurts.

I also have a SnS for my 22 webey. Gonna be doing some chuck roast burnt ends this weekend.

Craig

Wow just Wow Chris an awesome job on that rib roast. I have to go with the Misses I will go for the sweet tater. It's great you have fond memories if Skidmark to remember.

Warren

Looks awesome, perfect cook on it.

Thanks BB, It was a fantastic way to start off the Q'ing season.

Nice job Chris, that is cooked perfect! Tough to lose the ones we love, I’m pretty sure in some way Skid was right there with you!

Appreciate that Water and for the like. Skid may not have been there physically, but I know he was watching and waiting his turn.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Great looking beef! Pretty work on that.

I'm down to two meals a day but thinking of going to one. Just can't eat like I used to.

Is your SnS the one for the 22 inch kettle? I haven't found one made for the 26, yet.

My Lab Buddy will be 12 in July. He's slowing down and I am dreading the day. Condolences for your loss.

Appreciate the like and kindly comment Jack. I do one meal a day on my off days from work, and two when I'm working. I haven't lost any weight, but feel better.

I'm pretty sure the SnS model I have is the Deluxe.

Labs are great dogs. Watching them slow down is almost as painful as loosing them.

Nice job Chris,
But most importantly, very sorry for the loss of your pup. We are a cat family and have gone from 3 to 1 over the past 18 months. Know what you are going thru, it hurts.

I also have a SnS for my 22 webey. Gonna be doing some chuck roast burnt ends this weekend.

Craig

My sincere condolences Craig. It's never easy. and thanks for the compliment. We had an outdoor cat when I was about 3 or 4. He would stop by the house once or twice a month and drop off a dead bird or something he had killed. Just to let us know he was still alive. Then my dad got transferred and we never saw him again. Friends of ours kind of adopted him and he did the same thing to them. Then it all stopped, and they figured he'd passed on.

Chris

Wow just Wow Chris an awesome job on that rib roast. I have to go with the Misses I will go for the sweet tater. It's great you have fond memories if Skidmark to remember.

Warren

Thank you Warren and for the like. The wife and I want to travel some, and are going to try to go dog-less for the first time in my 60 yrs.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky