Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yes I did - I actually smoked 8 piece but one didn't make to the vacuum seal table -  I had to taste it and well, I ate the whole piece. Its was outstanding.

Thanks for your help,

Shock
That's Great !!
icon14.gif

I'm Real Glad you liked it !!

Bear

So the wife got home from dropping our daughter off at college last night. I pulled some of the salmon out of the freezer, thawed it in a bath of cold water, and served with a some cream cheese and pita crackers. She LOVED it and my teenage boys devoured it.  So thumbs up all around. Now I need to keep my eyes open for sale prices on salmon.

So the wife got home from dropping our daughter off at college last night. I pulled some of the salmon out of the freezer, thawed it in a bath of cold water, and served with a some cream cheese and pita crackers. She LOVED it and my teenage boys devoured it.  So thumbs up all around. Now I need to keep my eyes open for sale prices on salmon.
icon14.gif

yahoo.gif

icon14.gif

Bear

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Hey John

It's been almost exactly two years since I first read this post. And you know what?? I find it to be just as interesting and amazingly informative as I thought it was the first time I came across it.

POINTS!!!!!!!!

Gary

Last edited:
Thank You Gary!!

I Appreciate the nice comments!!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

I am SO glad that this thread got revisited!

My bride wants some smoked salmon and I wanted to do it a bit different this time.  I believe I'll be following this one!

Gracias Bear!

Points for the inspiration!

I've gotta say, It looks fantastic. I wish I had some real fresh Salmon !!!!

Gary

I am SO glad that this thread got revisited!

My bride wants some smoked salmon and I wanted to do it a bit different this time.  I believe I'll be following this one!

Gracias Bear!

Points for the inspiration!
Thank You CB !!!

Everybody who's tried this loves it---Yell (PM) if you run into a question.

And Thanks for the Point !!

Bear

Reactions: joe black
John, Just scanning through the steps and caught this salmon thread. I have not had much luck with salmon and this is just what I need.

Thanks, Joe :points:

I've gotta say, It looks fantastic. I wish I had some real fresh Salmon !!!!

Gary
Thanks Gary!!

No Salmon in the Toledo Bend??

You can use my method for other fish too (Trout, Tilapia, etc, etc):

Smoked Brook Trout & Tilapia

Bear
John, Just scanning through the steps and caught this salmon thread. I have not had much luck with salmon and this is just what I need.

Thanks, Joe
points.gif
Thank You Joe!!

And Thanks for the Point !

Bear

Thanks Gary!!

No Salmon in the Toledo Bend??

You can use my method for other fish too (Trout, Tilapia, etc, etc):

Smoked Brook Trout & Tilapia

Bear

Thank You Joe!!

And Thanks for the Point !

Bear
Lake Tyler is 5 min. from me, Lake Palestine is 15 min.   BUT !!!  No Trout,, Lots of Catfish, Bass, Crappie and Perch

Gary

Lake Tyler is 5 min. from me, Lake Palestine is 15 min.   BUT !!!  No Trout,, Lots of Catfish, Bass, Crappie and Perch

Gary
Store bought Tilapia worked good like this---Crappie & Perch should be similar. I still gotta try a mess of Catfish this way too. I think they'll be Awesome!!
drool.gif

Bear

Coming back to this one myself getting ready to smoke some.   I do hope this never goes away.  Thanks again for the great info!   Jeff
Thank You Jeff !!

PM me if you run into any questions---That way I won't miss your question.

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

I just bough 3lbs of salmon and I plan on smoking it on sunday (today is Thursday). My question is should I brine it now and leave it in the fridge, should I freeze it and the brine it on Saturday, should I just leave it in the fridge and brine it on Saturday?

thanks

jeff

I just bough 3lbs of salmon and I plan on smoking it on sunday (today is Thursday). My question is should I brine it now and leave it in the fridge, should I freeze it and the brine it on Saturday, should I just leave it in the fridge and brine it on Saturday?

thanks

jeff
Hi again, Jeff !!

As I replied in your PM, keep it refrigerated & Brine it on Saturday as in this Step by Step per thickness & time. Then start the pellicle in fridge overnight (uncovered) before smoking Sunday.

Bear

Reactions: ol smoky

Hi again, Jeff !!

As I replied in your PM, keep it refrigerated & Brine it on Saturday as in this Step by Step per thickness & time. Then start the pellicle in fridge overnight (uncovered) before smoking Sunday.

Bear
ok, I will report back on how it turns out. thank you.

Jeff

Ok just a quick follow up. Followed Bear's initial post recipe and process. I did hit snooze one to many times and ended up going 7 hours in the brine. Happy to report all is good. I just love the flavor of this smoked Salmon. Jeff above, your in for a treat!!! Mine came out of the smoker at midnight last night, cooled some then in to zip lock bags and in the fridge over night. (I expect to eat it all today and tomorrow so no vac pac) Son just got home this am and we sampled some this afternoon. We devoured two pieces sampling. Just too hard not to keep eating. Family will be happy tonight. Merry Christmas !!!!

This was last night right out of the smoker.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky