February Throwdown: Chili, Soups, And Stews (Gonna Be Fun!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Figures... just made this a few days ago!
Wow!! That do look good my friend. Shame you missed it for this event but rumor has it that there are a few folks here that make a pretty awesome pot of Zuppa Toscana....and a few other amazing soups :emoji_wink:
Oh, I'll be contributing a prize as usual. Stay tunes!
Sweet!! Can't wait to see what's coming our way and I know exactly where it's gonna go as a prize offering.

Robert

This one ought to be fun!
We're hoping Joel. This one has been a long time coming but hopefully folks will embrace the concept and send in their entries.
And BTW, good to see you posting, Robert tx smoker tx smoker
Thanks so much sir. I've really missed being here and am hoping this event will be the catalyst to get me back on a much more regular basis.

Robert

Reactions: seenred
Should we submit a cropped version of the photo without the code word as well for display?
No sir. Just one pic showing the code word and sent only to me via PM...and please oh please, don't post any version of your entry in the public forum. That has happened in the past and it's heartbreaking having to tell somebody that their entry was DQ'd. The structuring may sound harsh but it's critical to maintain the integrity of the events and to maintain complete anonymity. From the outset, these TD's were structured in such a way that the voting was based on merit versus a popularity contest. If I have failed to completely answer your question, please ask for additional clarification. We don't want any mishaps :emoji_wink:

Robert

Well this one should be fun and get a lot of entries!
That's what we're hoping...as well as hoping to see an entry coming from you my friend, not get busy :emoji_laughing:
Those prizes are awesome!
Yep, gotta agree. This is probably the best prize package we've had thus far. That knife from civilsmoker civilsmoker is the coup de grace though. That thing is spectacular....but they are all fantastic. gonna be some happy people when this one is done.

Robert

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
For those of you that are new to the forum and may not be familiar with the Throwdowns, here is a link to the official rules:
Sorry for the newbie questions, haven't seen one of these before:

- how brief does that description have to be? I'm assuming similar to a description a contestant would use on Chopped or a similar competition show?
- the rules state "Please do not move or delete the location of the photo submitted for entry to ensure everybody has a chance to view the item" - does the image need to be hosted on an external site eg: imgur? Or do you attach them to the PM?
- does it have to be made in the competition window? Or could something be submitted if it was made prior and never posted here?

- how brief does that description have to be? I'm assuming similar to a description a contestant would use on Chopped or a similar competition show?
- the rules state "Please do not move or delete the location of the photo submitted for entry to ensure everybody has a chance to view the item" - does the image need to be hosted on an external site eg: imgur? Or do you attach them to the PM?
- does it have to be made in the competition window? Or could something be submitted if it was made prior and never posted here?
For the TD. Just what it is you are presenting. If you win. Then it is appreciated that you post the cook with details.
You can submit the photo through the PM to Robert. You can attach the pic directly.
It needs to be prepared within the TD time frame. Not previously to it.

Just going to add that when you submit the picture it makes it easier for Robert if you insert the full size picture into the PM vs a thumb nail attachment

Oh and take some time to review the old TD voting and win threads. It will show you what kind of description is typical as well as give you an idea on how to present the item/items in the single picture.

In transparency is have studied “every” previous entry that is in the TD section…….. ie it’s like watching the game tapes….but I admit I don’t do sports and don’t even know who is in the SB or even when the game is however food “is” my sport and I like to “play”!

Those look perfect Civil. Maybe a pot of chicken soup is in order here :emoji_laughing:

You sir have been cleaning house with these events and eating well. Yep, that CPB is real deal and absolutely delicious. All of those meals look truly fantastic. Way to showcase some of your winnings these TD's. That knife looks absolutely stunning. Would you like to take over for me on the TD committee so I can enter with hopes of winning that masterpiece??

Robert
SOUP, CHLLI, STEW….. so many options!!! So many possibilities!!!

It’s all your fault and CPB sponsorship that my freezer is full of the stuff. I’m addicted now! I hope I don’t get addicted to the PR stuff as well.

PM me maybe we can arrange something….

No apology necessary. We try to structure these events so everybody, regardless of how long they have been a member, has an equal opportunity to enter and win. We'd rather you ask a Q than chance getting DQ'd.
The description sent to me can be as long or as short as you want it to be. It does need to be long enough to convey exactly what you've created at minimum but you can expand as much as you want. There is one section where I may have to paraphrase your description but it will be posted in full in another section of the voting poll.
I'm not exactly sure what was meant by this so will not attempt an answer to the quote but will answer your question. Send me a pic of your entry with the code word visible via PM. Do not post it publicly anywhere else because if it's seen by another forum member, it will be subject to disqualification. No external site, nothing in our forum....just a PM to me with one pic including what's noted above.....the code word.
Of course it needs to be made within the competition time frame window. If not, the code word will not be included and the entry won't be valid :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Culinary Otter
Can you enter in all three categories?
It's only one event with three choices for your entry. You can make chili, soup, and stew if you'd like and include them all in one picture, but only one entry per person is all that can be submitted for voting.

Robert

Reactions: LoydB
Prizes are certainly drool worthy and I am really looking forward to seeing the entries for this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky