Favorite Movies Thread...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
that has to be the best job in the world!
Yep. It was. And I knew it was time to leave the Navy when I realized I was bored flying 360 knots 5 feet above the straight road down the center of the Panamint Valley on my way to China Lake targets. That instant is burned in my memory as the moment I'd become complacent pushing the edge of the envelope. Fun times. No regrets. And I lived to write these words. 28 of my friends weren't so lucky...and it was peacetime, Cold War flying.

I'll have to read the book and watch the movie again.

I watched it again this morning; I had forgotten how heartbreaking it is.

But still, a great movie.

I put it on Tubi this morning. Didn't make it past the O Club scene. Will return to it later after the bowl games. Trust me guys, I've seen something similar, but it was us Navy and Marine instructors on cross country training det to Randolph AFB because they had an awesome O Club and dirty shirt club (flight suits and workings unis allowed). Where I woke up the next morning was both great and frightening. Can't say more.

I put it on Tubi this morning. Didn't make it past the O Club scene. Will return to it later after the bowl games. Trust me guys, I've seen something similar, but it was us Navy and Marine instructors on cross country training det to Randolph AFB because they had an awesome O Club and dirty shirt club (flight suits and workings unis allowed). Where I woke up the next morning was both great and frightening. Can't say more.
NB, I too have some "O Club" stories that are only told in very small circles,usually with the others involved LOL.

Reactions: noboundaries
gladiator for me. the scene in the colosseum when they are suppose to get slaughtered always makes me cry when they win and i don't know why.

"Whatever Comes Out Of These Gates, We've Got A Better Chance Of Survival If We Work Together." "As one!"

"Brothers, What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity."

"The General Who Became a Slave. The Slave Who Became a Gladiator. The Gladiator Who Defied an Emperor."

"Today I Saw A Slave Become More Powerful Than The Emperor Of Rome."

A lot of incredible dialogue, not like the woke drivel they make today. I Quit watching any new movies years ago.

Then my wife made me watch Les Miserable and it was miserable. Maximus dosent sing. lol I kept telling her that everytime Russel Crowe started singing.

I ran across a couple old ones I always liked . Little different platform , but Father Goose and Heaven knows Mr. Allison .
One I pulled out that I have on DVD ,,, The Vikings . Kirk Douglas , Tony Curtis and Ernest Borgnine .

Reactions: old sarge
Godfathers 1+2, sometimes 3, lol.
The Producers + Blazing Saddles
Shawshank
These are Movies I'll watch every time I see they're on. I've seen each of them too many times to count.

Sharing favorite movies is always a blast—I love hearing what films resonate with people. 'Nobody' is definitely on my watchlist—it looks like a thrilling ride! And 'Last of the Mohicans' holds a special place in my heart—it's such an epic tale of love and courage

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky