Favorite beverage for smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Just curious what everyone's take is on this subject ,,,, You have a weekend that is just you, good family & friends, great spirits and of course your smoker... What would your beverage or two of choice be ??? I have to say mine is split between good old Bud leaded, Third Shift Amber Ale & a good old Fat Tire. Throw on a half dozen racks of St. Louis style ribs, brisket and let the good times roll !!!

When I start a 6 hour smoke for a lunchtime reunion, my beverage of choice is strong, black coffee.  Later in the day, it all depends on what is being cooked. I don't think I would ever say no to a good German Dunkel.

Yuengling Lager or Sangria...

If I'm Smokin' or Eatin' Q, I usually have a case of Cold Ones close by.

BUT, when the mood strikes or my Mrs' and/or Cheffy Daughter's join in it's....

SANGRIA

In a One Gallon Pitcher combine...

1C Brandy or more...cheapo E&J, Christian Bros.

1C Triple Sec...orange liqueur.

2C Apple Juice or Cider

2C Orange Juice...Fresh or Simply Orange

1-2 Sliced Oranges...Lemons and Limes, Optional.

1-2 Diced Apples

Red Wine to FILL...Riunite Lambrusco is my fav.

*NOTE*  You will use most of the 3 Liter Bottle!

Mix well and CHILL WELL...I stick it in the Freezer for an hour or more.

"CAUTION"  This goes down smooth and will kick your BUTT!

DRINK RESPONSIBLY....Please!?!

Enjoy...JJ

Last edited:
Sorry so late

Day time, the galvanized washtub full of shards off the ice block and Lonestar long necks.

Nite, Lots of good drinks, but I make my own "Crazy Ivans" thats Tia Maria, Bailey's Irish cream, and either Rum or Vodka Usually Rum to match the Tia. If I have made Kuhlua I use Vodka. You should try the recipes.... pretty tastee and GF's like it! Thats two shots of Tia in a pint jar full of small cubed ice, 1 shot of rum and fill the glass with baileys. Its just too smooth to be 5 shots in a glass.

Tia Maria or Kuhlua (one vodka based one rum based)

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/143329/homemade-tia-maria

Irish Cream

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/143662/uncle-goldies-irish-cream

Last edited:
Gotta have lots and lots of ice cold water around....

...and lots of ice cold beer as well.  The ladies like those Lime-A-Rita thingys....or Sangria.

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky