Favorite frozen pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We buy them once in a while to have in the freezer, McCains, Dejerno, and others for a quick fix meal
BUT we doctor them up with more ingredients. Mona likes hotdogs sliced and I want more Mozza, and more meat than they puton them

David

The screaming Sicilian is usually our go to for frozen. Also like the Papa Murphy take and bake.

Jim

We like Culinary Circle thin crust. Hard to find around here. Doctor it up with additional peperoni, cheese and mushrooms.

Totinos is a favorite. Love Schwan's home delivery pizza. Tombstone. Also some local places do take and bake. We can pop those in the freezer until ready

Reactions: gmc2003
Pizza rolls or pizza bagels over frozen pizza here. Stouffers french bread pizza is another option but making it is even better. Fast and easy too.

20230225_184642_resized-jpg.jpg

When I visit NY I bring a couple of pies home from Bleeker Street Pizza and freeze them up. Forgot I had a Sicilian pie left and was pleasantly surprised with the find. Out now so need to go back after my Europe trip.

Schwans are the best and they deliver
Never tried their pizza, but I did like their Mac-n-cheese and other items when the kids were young. I still see their truck driving around town, but they never seem to drive thru our neighborhood.

Schwanns reminded me of something. Wife worked in our school kitchen and would bring school pizzas home at end of the year (and also days when they didn't sell them out but that was rare). Yep, those rectangular ones. Schwanns sells them. GFS also but you must buy a case. Tony's is the name. https://www.schwansfoodservice.com/product-list/?products=sheeted-pizza&brands=tonys
Those $ucked when I was in school. The old sheet pan pizza, all crust with very little toppings.

Chris

Reactions: zwiller
Growing up in NJ, we used to get Tree Tavern frozen pizza from the Grocery store. Add more cheese and drizzle oil over it prior to cooking, and it was real good. I do not think it's available any more, certainly not here in Ga. Here we get Red Baron thin crust, add cheese etc, and it's OK. We don't do frozen often, since we finally found a Northern style Pizza place which is comparable to the great Pizzas we used to get in Jersey.

With all the absolute junk I've eaten and thoroughly enjoyed over the years I can't stand frozen pizza. There may very well be a good one out there, but I got tired of buying and crying. That said, I'm not a pizza snob by any means but the crappiest carryout around here (and there is no shortage of crappy pizza joints in my neck of the woods) produces far better product albeit at a greater cost. All that said, I'll bet you I'm in the frozen pizza aisle looking around later when I go shopping :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky