Ello from north louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
a bike or car? ... i live outside of west monroe ... about a 10 min drive from calhoun or eros ..

Bike: 2000 Sprint ST. I've been through that area a time or two. We used to have a group that would ride out to Monroe for the Hooters wings. Rode to Natchitoches over Labor Day for the meat pies.

Hey Devil, I know your not in South Louisiana but how bought experimenting and try smoking some crawfish, I realize you would have to boil them live first but I wonder if they would take smoke after. I lived in Carencro just above Lafayette La for 2 years and I sure do miss the good boils we used to have

hmmm might be worth a try ... not sure how crawfish would work ... less they are big enough ... will keep my eyes out for a place selling some good ones...

but i could picture some lobster working ...

(i am one of the crazy ones that has taken 8 to 10 lobsters and fixed them up like a crawfish boil ... hey less fighting with the tails and a lot more meat... just takes longer to get done) ...

what a good time I had at the Mardi Gras glad you found this forum post pictures and ask question the people here have the answers
Good Luck and Good Smoking
Redbrinkman1955
icon_biggrin.gif

it can be fun for sure ... i have enjoyed it in new orleans .... in west monroe ... and over in mississippi .. =)

Welcome Freddy,

I see you are in the W Monroe area. I live on the east side of Monroe so shoot me a PM and maybe we can get together and cook something and toss back a few cold ones
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky