Easter brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Been busy but here it is, my Easter smoke. Smoked this guy on the offset running in the neighborhood of 250°f. Used black pepper, salt and granulated garlic. Spritzed every 30 minutes until the bark started to form.
20230408_102316.jpg

Getting the fire started, a little wait from here to have it ready but a good time to have a cold brew and get the brisket ready.

20230408_203617.jpg

On a whole packer I always separate the flat from the point before I smoke it. I like to slice the flat and shred the point, they smoke to a different IT for best results. Used post oak.

Thanks everyone, we gobbled the flat down. I shredded the point and vacuum packed that in 1lb bags for future meals.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the rotator/spinner comments :) that's cool.

I smoke far more on my Primo Oval XL but sometimes I wanna torture myself and deal with the offset all day. You can't get a smoke ring like that on a kamado (without a little Prague help anyway).

Soon I'll post about what to do with the bits you trim from the brisket before you smoke it. Some good stuff and easy!

Great looking brisket, glad to see you here. Miss the usual suspects from the other gang.
Glad to see you here. I suspect some of the other guys are lurking around. Hope your Easter was full of family and a great time.

Been busy but here it is, my Easter smoke. Smoked this guy on the offset running in the neighborhood of 250°f. Used black pepper, salt and granulated garlic. Spritzed every 30 minutes until the bark started to form.View attachment 662784

Getting the fire started, a little wait from here to have it ready but a good time to have a cold brew and get the brisket ready.

View attachment 662783

On a whole packer I always separate the flat from the point before I smoke it. I like to slice the flat and shred the point, they smoke to a different IT for best results. Used post oak.
Looks great! What did you spritz with?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky