Suggestions......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Ok folks, Bryce is worrying me to death to cook a brisket and do burnt ends from the point. I've did the youtubing and googling......Seen videos of guys separating the point and flat and cooking apart. Using the point for burnt ends. And then I've seen where they cook it complete then separate the point and flat and do the point for burnt ends. Any preferences? I'm open to suggestions.

Jim

Reactions: chilerelleno
I've done it both ways, however, when I split the point and flat before smoking, the burnt ends tend to be more flavorful. I season ALL sides of both pieces and then stack them back in place like the brisket was originally and smoke until done. This also helps keep the flat juicy.

Having never owned anything bigger than my MES30 and WSM 14.5 I've never done a whole brisket and have always separated before cooking.

Reactions: JLeonard
I smoke whole then separate.
Season the nekid side and place it back on smoker for 30. New side down.
Then cube and into a pan.
Either way I'm sure it be great and Bryce will get his belly full !

Keith

Ok folks, Bryce is worrying me to death to cook a brisket and do burnt ends from the point. I've did the youtubing and googling......Seen videos of guys separating the point and flat and cooking apart. Using the point for burnt ends. And then I've seen where they cook it complete then separate the point and flat and do the point for burnt ends. Any preferences? I'm open to suggestions.

Jim
For a special treat, after you cube up your burnt ends, wrap them in thin bacon and cook till bacon is cooked, add to pan and glaze... you will not be disappointed...

• Love
Haven't made burnt ends too often, but the times I did, I cooked the whole brisket then separated point from flat.
Seems to me it they would be easier to separate cooked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky