Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i dont drain either and they seem to come out just right. over fourth made a dbl batch....one thing i have been starting to do different though is chop up an onion and add to beans. thks dutch great rec!!!

I did 6 double batches for my daughters graduation party & didn't drain. I used my gas grill for a warmer. If you are going to keep them warm for a while they will need the extra moisture. Even if you are not Dutch talks about adding extra ketchup if they seem to dry. Why not use the juice from the can to keep them moist?

SmokeyWray, I think I know where you got drain. Could it be the pinapple? Cause that needs to be drained. Gl and enjoy, their AWESOME
wink.gif

I'm looking forward to trying these, I love good BB's. I usually throw a nice shot of Maker's Mark in the pan too, anyone else give their beans a "Kentucky boost"?

SW-I drain my beans- when I add the beans to the smoker they go under the butt, brisket or ribs that I'm smoking-(I never put the bean under poultry unless the poultry is in it's own pan) and the meat drippings will make up for the drained bean juice.

If they go into the smoker with nothing else then I don't drain them.

erain, the recipe has diced onions in it, but some folks do like more onion-it's all good!!
biggrin.gif
Last week I did a batch with some vidalia onions tossed in about half way through the smoke-

hacksaw, only if Ma Dutch isn't looking!!
icon_twisted.gif

HMMMM never thought of adding kentucky, now tennessee old #7 that could add a little O yeah
biggrin.gif
. Next thing on my list. Dam! an my list just keeps getting bigger
wink.gif

oops sorry dutch!!! prob missed it reading the recipie from my laptop. ya them vidalias are avilable big time up here in mn right now and been taking advantage of it while they last.

oops sorry dutch!!! prob missed it reading the recipie from my laptop. ya them vidalias are avilable big time up here in mn right now and been taking advantage of it while they last.

I made these for my daughter's birthday party and they were EXCELLENT!!!! My daughter turned 9 the other day and she asked me to fix pulled pork. I fixed two butts and Dutch's beans. I threw some of the pulled pork in the beans and mixed it up. After the party was over she came up and gave me a big hug and thanked me for fixing her favorite (pulled pork).
wink.gif

They are great...Fixed A little to my taste, but pretty much followed the NON-spice version.

Smoked them w/ A butt for 6 hours and they were perfect.
Thick with that skim on top that was pure smoke flavor!

Thanks for the recipe!
Scott

These are by far the best way to do baked beans. I am not a baked bean fan,by no means. I followed Dutches instructions, omitted the jalopenos. My wife does not like spice.
Well she did not like the Pineapple.....my cue to spice it up. I keep a bottle of caliente on hand just for this occassion. Had my 11 and 12 yr old come out and taste test as I added heat.
Put this over a smoked hamburger pattie like gravy and enjoy..... my boys and are. Next batch will have Jalopeno's

Had our first batch tonite Dutch.. they were awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With just enough bite. Whenever i get ahold of good food that's spicy, the top of my head sweats-no kidd'n. Not my forehead-but the top of my head. After bout the second bowl, my hair was wet. Wife loved them too! That recipe will be a keeper at our house, man them were some of the best beans i've ever had.
thanks for the recipe.
Bob

Kelly-those hugs from the young ones are the best kinds of rewards. Glad the party was a hit.

Scott, I always encourage folks to change up this recipe to suit their tastes. One thing that I do when making these beans is to stir them up whenever I have to open the smoker to spritz the meat of add wood chunks to the box. It really gets that smokey goodness though the beans.

saltbranch, make changes to suit your families tastes. Some folks don't like pineapple chunks and use the pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple instead or they omit it all together. Gotta keep the family happy, especially Mama!

Bob, glad you both enjoyed them. I'm happy to see that this recipe will have a happy home!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dutch,
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I made it for the first time yesterday with some Cornish game hens that I smoked...these were easily the best baked beans I have ever eaten.
Thanks a ton.
Greg

Tried these yesterday, and I have to tell you, probably the best I have ever had. I have several recipes for beans, a few of them for the smoker, but these definitely outdone the others. Absolutely remarkable, thanks! A keeper for sure.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky