Double Smoked Ham & Smoked Turkey Club Sandwich (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Double Smoked Ham & Smoked Turkey Club Sandwich (Bear Style)

Back in the old days, when I worked at Bethlehem Steel, whenever I got Middle shift (4:30 to 1:00AM), my 9:00 PM Lunch just didn’t hold me over all the time. So I often stopped at an all-night diner along the way, so I wouldn’t have to make something to eat when I got home. One of the things I often got was a “Club Sandwich”. It usually consisted of 3 slices of toast, with Mayo, and it was filled with Lettuce, Tomato, Ham Lunch Meat, Turkey or Beef Lunch meat, and some crispy Bacon. Then they always cut it in half from corner to corner, and stuck a couple fancy toothpicks in, to keep them from falling apart.

I often make a Club Sammy like this when I can’t decide whether I want one Sammy or Two, and the Club Sandwich has 3 slices of bread, so it’s kinda like 1 1/2 Sammies.

This time I’m using ingredients that are hard to find in a restaurant at any time, especially after 1:00 in the morning!! No Lunch Meat in this Sammy!!!

Double Smoked Ham & Smoked Turkey Club Sandwich:
So I start by toasting 3 slices of Italian Bread.
Then I put Miracle Whip on all 3 slices (You can use Mayo if you prefer it to be bland).
Then down goes one slice of toast.
Then some good slices of Smoked Turkey.
Then some Lettuce.
Then Some Tomato slices.
Then some Bacon (This time I used some of the Bacon I had in my Glazing Drip pan when I double smoked my Spiral Sliced Ham).
Then goes the middle slice of toast, and some MW on the second side of that slice.
Then some more of that Bacon.
Then some more Lettuce.
Some Double Smoked Ham.
Then the Lid (The top slice of toast).
Then I push down on the whole thing with my big paw, while I’m cutting it in half from corner to corner.
Pushing down while cutting it always keeps it from falling apart——Without the Fancy Toothpicks.

That’s it—One Special Club Sammy!!

Bear

This is where the following Ham Slices came from:
IMG_2459.jpg

This is where the following Turkey Slices came from:
IMG_2362.jpg

This is where the Bacon came from, after being used for Basting & Glazing the Double Smoked Ham:
IMG_2458.jpg

"Double Smoked Ham & Smoked Turkey Club Sandwich"

Begin Building the Club Sammy, with 3 slices of Italian Bread Toast:
IMG_2472.jpg

Miracle Whip (Mayo if you'd like);
IMG_2473.jpg

Some Sliced Smoked Turkey:
IMG_2474.jpg

Then some Lettuce:
IMG_2475.jpg

Tomato slices:
IMG_2476.jpg

Some Special Bacon:
IMG_2477.jpg

Another slice of Toast, coated on both sides:
IMG_2478.jpg

More Bacon:
IMG_2479.jpg

A little more Lettuce:
IMG_2481.jpg

Some Double Smoked Ham:
IMG_2482.jpg

Put on the Lid (3rd slice of toast), and close it up:
IMG_2483.jpg

Slice it from Corner to Corner, while leaning on it a bit:
IMG_2484.jpg

TIME TO EAT!!

Nice looking clubber you got bear. They're one of my favorites, especially with home smoked meats.

Point for sure.

Chris

Last edited:
Could you run one down here to your old Buddy ???

Looks Really Good Mmmmm

Gary

That's one of the best I've seen . I bet that smoked meat put it over the top .

I love club sandwiches when I get a chance to order them.

Yours would put any of them to shame!

No cutting corners on that masterpiece! A big sliced dill and a large glass of milk and a meal fit for a grizzly king. Looks darn good!

Thank You Jeff!!
Yeah I plated some Pickle Chips, after I took the Pics.
Actually my favorite are those huge Deli Pickles (I think they call them Kosher Dills).
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Man-o-man. Another awesome plate! I love club sammies too. But, funny, I never made one at home. That might just change.

What a great looking sandwich! Pretty sure I’d have to save half for later.

I like MW on my ham, and turkey sandwiches. Looks great.

Nice looking clubber you got bear. They're one of my favorites, especially with home smoked meats.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
I don't know what it is, but in my younger days, most of the Club Sandwiches I ever ate were late at night!!
Earlier meals were mostly Philly Cheesesteaks & Quakertown Webers.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Could you run one down here to your old Buddy ???

Looks Really Good Mmmmm

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I can't run that far any more!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's one of the best I've seen . I bet that smoked meat put it over the top .

Thank You Rich!!
Yes it was awesome!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky