Doing two packers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Forgot this picture

Attachments

• 760BBBEA-5DF7-4366-B5B3-739470DC4B6E.jpeg
    760BBBEA-5DF7-4366-B5B3-739470DC4B6E.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 42
They really look good, Making me want to try one that way to see now. Nice job.... Any leftovers?? Lol

I love this thread! Points in a couple places, especially that juicy pic.

I've always gone bare bones, no injection with my briskets, but this thread has convinced me to start injecting with the right stuff. Thanks for the thread!

Well done...great thread.
Had my first brisket with butcher's injection this summer. Usually I just use SPOG no injection and a butcher paper wrap at the stall...the injected brisket was amazing.
One of the best I've tried...rivaled Lockharts and Franklin's both which I've had on multiple occasions.
My next brisket will be a prime with butcher's injection.

Walt

Great Thread. Do you know how many ounces of injection you used per lb?

I cooked my first prime whole packer brisket a few weeks ago. The flat was soft and point was still firm so I get cooking. Once the point was like butter, the flat had firmed up. The point didn't need anymore moisture as it was perfect. Do you think one would benefit from injecting the flat only help retain moisture and juiciness while the point continues cooking?

Man sounds awesome!
Too bad you couldn't put about 7-8 hours of perfect Mesquite thin blue smoke (TBS) on one of them.
If you can control your Mesquite smoke then you will be amazed at the flavor it adds on beef.
I use an AMNPS, Mailbox Mod, and my MES40 with Lumberjack 100% Mesquite pellets and WOW perfect Mesquite smoke making amazing briskets!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky