Cosco, St. Louis Ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnarlykaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Protem/St.Louis
well, short and sweet. Going to cook my first set of ribs by temp. Already prepped from Cosco, and going to spritz with apple juice till 165, and then cover them up
I’m NOT following the 3-2-1 this round... Al said do it by temp, so by gawd, I’m gonna give it a whirl.
My Recipients will be my neighborhood
Domino dinner group @5 pm!
Till then, for the next 1:15, I’ll fight the smoker to a low temp of 225. I can maintain 250 all day long, but it’s a fight at 225. Pics in a bit...

I just thought low and slow. Let me see if I can even get that low. Placement of the fire, in the firebox also plays a factor. I have already moved the fire up to the damper door. But it’s been holding around 258 for a bit now.

I cook my ribs to 195 plus and always go by temp. 200 is ok also not a big deal

463078F4-C024-45D4-9FF4-8E20A0CD19B3.jpeg I only took a couple of pics. We ended up getting two inches of rain during the cook, and all I had was a 9’ patio umbrella to keep the smoker and me dry! I had to move the probe a couple of times, due to being too close to a bone, and the ribs close to the firebox, went way too fast, so I was flipping them like buglers on a open flame! Got four apple spritz in, and put them in covered pans at 165. Finished it to 192, and pulled them, and left them to rest in a cold oven for 2.5 hours.
I fired up the oven 40 min before they showed to 250, just to put the temp back to them. Now it’s time to see how it turned out...
Perfect! The knife cut through them “softly”, the meat stayed on the bone, BUT was tender! Interestingly enough, I could taste and smell the applewood that I used to smoke them. Great texture, just a little bit of bark. They were a hit, and I was impressed!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky