First time out for ribs w/ the Ok Joe's Offset

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Sorry I'm late to the party kids! Worked last night, slept till 11 am, changed the oil on the car and the pickup truck. Just now got the fire lit and up to temp.

All natural hickory wood fire. No lighter fluid, no charcoal. I used my propane torch to get it going.

In the future I think a light bed of hickory chips under the wood splits will be a perfect starter. My maiden smoke voyage is off and running.

1/2 rack of baby back ribs with Ass Rub from Slow Groovin' BBQ in Marble, Colorado.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'all!

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg

I've never cooked on that smoker. But if it were me, I'd place the meat to the left of center on the grate. That gets it further away from the direct/radiant heat from the firebox and it should get more convection on that end.

But hey, again, I've never cooked on that smoker, so FWIW.

IMG_4746.jpeg
IMG_4747.jpeg

Apparently I'm missing my fire grates in the fire box. I guess I'm gonna have to get ahd of Oklahoma Joe's and see if I can order some replacements.

I watched a really good vid on this smoker a little while ago.

Seemed pretty straight forward

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky