Considering making the switch.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jayjay93

Original poster
Jun 24, 2018
Currently been using my propane masterbuilt sportsman elite and love it. With limited patio space having a separate smoker and grill causes some clutter. Has anybody made the switch to an offset charcoal smoker and regretted it?

If it's a good quality one, you should be fine. But it will take a lot more attention and tweaking to keep the heat steady than most other smokers.
My first smoker was a cheap Char-Broil American. Had to heavily modify it, and it drove me nuts babysitting it on all-night smokes.

Currently been using my propane masterbuilt sportsman elite and love it. With limited patio space having a separate smoker and grill causes some clutter. Has anybody made the switch to an offset charcoal smoker and regretted it?

At your age, it could be a good switch.
For health reasons, I'm pretty much stuck with my Watt Burning MES 40, but I manage to turn out some pretty good stuff with it.

I wish I'd have started out at age 25.
And BTW: Welcome to SMF !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky