Cold Smoked Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How about this then.  Someone just gave my wife a set of Eggies https://www.geteggiestv.com/ for a Christmas gift.  These little egg shaped containers are made for boiling eggs without the shell.  How about making little yolk sized sausage balls, smoke those and drop one into each Eggie.  Then separate your  raw eggs and fill the Eggies with just the whites.  Now when you cut open your boiled egg you'll have a smoked sausage center instead of a yolk.  
AND THEN, put your sausage stuffed egg into a TurDucken . For Thanksgiving you smoke a "Circle of Life" bird. Don't laugh, I'll bet the idea sounds good to someone.

I bought an Amazing Smoker just so I could smoke some boiled eggs and cheese. I am now crazy about smoked eggs. I let them get a beautiful bronze color using the amazing Smoker sawdust that I lit on both ends to produce lots of smoke. I will be doing another dozen soon. Sorry I was such a ravenous pig I didn't take any photos but rest assured they were beautiful and good!. Next I have a filet of Salmon I caught in Bodega Bay, CA. that I am going to smoke. I will try to remember to take pics.

How about this then.  Someone just gave my wife a set of Eggies https://www.geteggiestv.com/ for a Christmas gift.  These little egg shaped containers are made for boiling eggs without the shell.  How about making little yolk sized sausage balls, smoke those and drop one into each Eggie.  Then separate your  raw eggs and fill the Eggies with just the whites.  Now when you cut open your boiled egg you'll have a smoked sausage center instead of a yolk.  
i'm thinking that would work. maybe a toothpick to hold the sausage ball off the bottom. maybe a jalapeno slice to go with the sausage. now i'm starting to think. not sure where this will end up. but i will post pics. when i figure what to add.

AND THEN, put your sausage stuffed egg into a TurDucken . For Thanksgiving you smoke a "Circle of Life" bird. Don't laugh, I'll bet the idea sounds good to someone.
If by "someone" you mean anybody with half a brain in his head, then I agree.

That is one of the coolest ideas I've heard.  Too bad I'm too lazy to do it.

Reactions: shannon127
I love pickled eggs. I'm long over due for another batch myself. I have been trying new recipes constantly to try and find the perfect recipe for me. I've found many I like but still not "The One".
Try this recipe that I was given by friends from Pennsylvania. I make them all the time and I love them.

2- cans (15 ounces each) sliced beets

12- hard-cooked eggs, peeled

1-Small red or yellow onion sliced into rings

1-cup sugar

1-cup water

1-cup apple cider vinegar

Drain the beets into a measuring cup until you get at least 1 cup of beet juice, add water if necessary. Layer the beets, onion rings and eggs in a large glass jar. Add the sugar, water, vinegar and the cup of beet juice to a small saucepan, and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the beets and eggs in the jar. Allow the jar to cool and then put the lid on. Allow them to sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours before you enjoy. 

Reactions: shannon127
I bought an Amazing Smoker just so I could smoke some boiled eggs and cheese. I am now crazy about smoked eggs. I let them get a beautiful bronze color using the amazing Smoker sawdust that I lit on both ends to produce lots of smoke. I will be doing another dozen soon. Sorry I was such a ravenous pig I didn't take any photos but rest assured they were beautiful and good!. Next I have a filet of Salmon I caught in Bodega Bay, CA. that I am going to smoke. I will try to remember to take pics.
th_nopicsye3.gif

If you soft steam the eggs so only the white is fully cooked, you would be able to suck out some of the yolk with a poultry injector.  Use a modified injector needle to make a mini sausage "stuffer" to press a thin rope of sausage into a frying pan.  Cook that & then painstakingly stuff that back into the egg & finish steaming the yolk/sausage mixture.

Not sure that would be worth the work, but the look on someone's face when they bite into a hard boiled egg to find out it got sausage in it may be worth it.  
Opps, forgot the quote in the responce from above

Wow!!! Awesome idea! I know this is a oldish post but man that's genius! I plan to try these. And combinde it with Mr Ts pickle idea. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Cold Smoked Eggs are the only way to go. My wife won't even make deviled eggs anymore if I do not smoke the eggs first. I was going to smoke some cheese yesterday and had to make room for some eggs for her as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky