Cinder block pit help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweenner

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Pulaski, NY
good morning everyone!

I hope everyone is keeping to together while on quarantine...

I have cinderblock pit that I have used for chicken bbq’s and a couple of pig roasts. I want to do some butts/ribs..maybe some brisket, but have never tried. I’ve used an MES40 over the past couple of year, but would like to expand on my experience.

My question(s) is this. Has/does anyone use this style pit? And can you get the same results going directly over coals...or would you I be better off doing it offset?

Thanks everyone, and I hope you all stay safe!

JS

Attachments

• 1809D241-1798-4AA8-9983-1FDEC905B729.jpeg
    1809D241-1798-4AA8-9983-1FDEC905B729.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 25
Aarron Franklin has done a whole pig in this type of cooker
Yeah, it’s where I actually got the idea originally. The whole hog is fun...but to me, it’s more of a novelty thing. I would much rather do the pieces, and mix up cuts and proteins.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky