Cinder Block Pit - Air Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlafrenz

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Missouri
I am working on a cinder block pit build for whole hog. I have the general layout and concept together, but my main question is about air flow. I am used to smoking where I have control of in and out. I see on most pits like I am thinking of (Meat Church and Amazing Ribs) that they don't have an exhaust. Does this type of pit not need an exhaust or does the gaps in the brick or lid provide enough air flow? I am going to try and stack things tight, but realize there will be gaps as is the nature of the beast. I was going to build an insulated lid, but try to use flat sheet metal and not corrugated so there may not be gaps in the lid to create an exhaust. Any issue with this or should I turn one of the blocks to make an exhaust?

Not sure if this will help or not but remember reading this awhile back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky