Pit Fire Roasted Slow Burn Salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I finished off my last batch of salsa a couple days ago. It was stove top good but I wanted something better.

Started with red jalapeno, Philippine chili, Thai chili and a couple habaneros. I grilled more than I needed and will add in the peppers until I can't take it anymore.

2023_pit_fired_salsa_001.jpg

On to the pit with Hickory and Mesquite. I picked up this stainless steel basket for the small stuff. It works pretty good.

2023_pit_fired_salsa_002.jpg

I ended up using two jalapenos, 1 Philippine chili, 1 Thai chili and 1 Hab along with 7 garlic cloves. This is by far the best salsa I have made so far and it is not so hot I would avoid eating it. The heat does creep up on you though.

2023_pit_fired_salsa_003.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky