Chicken Wings Smoked and Eaten At a Later Date?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myagentcam

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Hi all. I'm going camping for a week and would like to do some wings to enjoy when I'm there. I need some advice and/or confirmation that my plan will work. I can't bring my smoker to the campground, so I will be cooking them before I leave. I plan to smoke a bunch of wings prior to leaving and then vacuum seal and freeze. Then a couple weeks later thaw and open them up, drop in a deep fryer for a couple minutes to crisp up and eat.

2 questions:

1. Will these taste as good (or very close to it) as freshly cooked, or will it be obvious they were reheated?

2. Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks everyone!

Quickly heat them up over the campfire assuming you will have a grate to lay them on?

you can smoke them then do a flash deep fry and they are great.

Quickly heat them up over the campfire assuming you will have a grate to lay them on?
That's what I typically do, except this time I'll be freezing them after the smoke and waiting a couple weeks to thaw fry and eat.

Yes, no problem reheating the wings after they were smoked then vacuum sealed then frozen. Once thawed, they are ready for a quick heat up on the campfire grate or in a skillet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky