Chicken or Beef Stock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When i do a brisket, I'll use better than boil...
That paste stuff for making broth.. and I'll use that as my base layer for my rub to stick too

Right on. I am trying to create my own rub and I know the chicken and beef stock in the powder form, pack some big flavor. I am trying to create a savory rub for chicken. Most examples that I have found are sweet and spicy with cayenne and chili.
29261524_10155794387838725_4127233476053601824_n.jpg

29315252_10155794387908725_5299564381167688316_n.jpg

I use beef base paste when I pressure cook my chuck roasts. I also use chicken base for chicken dumpling soup, chicken noodle soup and for reheating pulled pork in the crockpot ....I also use the vegetable base for my homemade minestrone soup I do in the pressure cooker. Much cheaper overall compared to buying any of the broths and much better flavor than bouillon cubes.

Last edited:
I've used beef bouillon granules a few times.

Chris

If you’re using a pre-made product, just be careful with salt levels. Better Than Bouillon, which is also what I use in both beef and chicken forms when I don’t have frozen stock has a good level of salt. So, if you use as an adherent, just be aware that you’ll already have some salt on the meat before you add the rub.

Reactions: smokinq13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky