Chicken legs on the Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Popped in 36 chicken legs that were coated in avacado oil, kosher salt, course ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Into the pellet pooper at 275.
IMG_2550.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg

Plenty of room in the new smoker. Love the size platform.
IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

12# cooked pork butt with sauce ready for the sous vide
IMG_2557.jpg

Doing the homeless camp lunch tomorrow. Gonna warm legs in morning along with pork. Made up 4 dozen deli sandwiches and granola bars. Figuring 40-60 meals.
Gonna be some happy folks tomorrow!

Looks great and so glad to see you doing good things! If more of us followed your example there would be less hungry people in this world for sure!

Reactions: jmusser
Thanks all. What a great way to break in the new smoker. I went through all the food in under 10 minutes. :emoji_fearful: Was super mud pit down there from rain.
Soooo... I received a $100 gift card at school from a very kind church. Back to the grocery store.
Tomorrow I will be serving 40 hot dogs on Blackstone, 60 lunch sandwiches, 60 oranges, water and 20#'s of bonls/skinls thighs. Avacado, K Salt, CG Black Pepper, Garlic.
IMG_2561.jpg

Surprised to see that would fit on the Traeger 34. Dang! No room for the AMNPS this time. Very happy with how this thing keeps up.
IMG_2563.jpg

Did "Smoke" setting for about a half hour, then up to 275 to IT 160+. Sauce from one side to the other. Flip and start over.
IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

I hate to give money directly to people. Rather fill a belly and know where that money went. Plus, I get to practice smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky