Checking in for the first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nick 55

Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Glad to finally be on here. SMF has been a huge help for me in the past year and I am excited to keep trying new things. I live in St Charles, IL with my wife and two kids, and I've gotten pretty decent using my Weber S330 for grilling and smoking, but I know a true smoker would be even better. That will come soon, still searching for the right one though.

My kids do have dietary restrictions so I have to use sugar and preservative free seasonings and ingredients so I have additional challenges, but so far I've done pretty decent.
Here's an example of some ribs from a couple weeks ago done with a dry rub, grilled for 7 minutes on each side then smoked on the grill at 225 for about 3 hours, wrapped in foil for 1, then finished for 30 minutes open again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky