Cast Iron On Glass Top Range?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You've got that right.
We have an LP furnace, water heater and 500 gallon in ground LP tank. The original owners - the lady of the house wanted an electric stove. To have a line run legit, (gas certified workman) was weeks out. Sooo, this being winter and using the oven daily this time of year, a quick replacement was in order. If it were summer, I would have surely had the line run.:emoji_disappointed:
Have you thought about just getting a "temp" coil unit till you can get your gas line run and then get a dual fuel unit or gas convection oven and sell the temp coil burner on c-list? Just a thought.....

Have you thought about just getting a "temp" coil unit till you can get your gas line run and then get a dual fuel unit or gas convection oven and sell the temp coil burner on c-list? Just a thought.....
Thanks for the input.
Yeah I did think of a "rig", but a sale and convenience made me pull the trigger on an electric.

Congrats on your new unit.

They're come a long way since the Corning flat top ranges from the 70's and 80's that were painfully slow and didn't get very hot either unless you didn't want it hot and then the burned mess.
Canning was impossible so I got an Outdoor Cooker (now Camp Chef) 2 burner stove.

Bar Keeper Friend is great cleaner.
I also use Weiman cleaner conditioner every couple weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky