Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mike, evening..... Good to hear from you...... BTW... Keep your day job.... Hollywood won't be calling too soon..... It was entertaining...

Oooo , good luck. Do they have anything that will help the Psych problems you may get
icon_question.gif
 Maybe prep. some before and take it with you.
biggrin.gif

Have fun , say hello to the Penguins and . . .

Mike that was hilarious!

(And the last credit mention/statement was equally hysterical). Well done!

I'm amazed how clever the compilation was and considering you had to incorporate certain things, and do it within such a short time. Fantastic!

It's great to see your posts and hear from you there. Are you still eating like a King? Happy weekend!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!!! - Leah

Everything id going great. In-fact I just won a contest here. Most everyone gains weight during the winter here and to be honest I weighed a bit more than I should when I got here. Back in march they started a biggest loser competition and I figured Id pay 40$ just to help keep the motivation going. Well, since March I have lost 31.5 pounds. Dropping from 246 down to 214.5 . and winning 275$ in pocket change :) . Since I have met my goal of 220 and then some, I am now going for 200 by the time I get home. That will be almost 20% less than when I left. I cant wait to see the look on my wifes face when I get to see her again. I have already went from a size 38 waist down to a size 36, and those are starting to get loose. But then again there is no good BBQ here like I can make at home. 

Enjoy the warm weather for me and please post some pics of what you have been cooking on this thread so I can pretend when I have a chance to get back on. 

May your lines be tight and your fields be green :)

Thanks Leah. We had our first sunrise in months yesterday not that we could see it. The weather has been HORRIBLE lately.

Congrats on the weight loss Mike. Be sure to capture your wifes reaction when you get home! I always love those "reveal" shots.

I always tease my wife she's the reason I am overweight (she's a great cook)....then she reminds me that everytime I go out of town with my buddies I put on 5 pounds! LOL

Take care and be safe!

Sounds like things are going good down there, when is your tour up?

Has it been hard to handle? The reason I ask is I am thinking seriosly about applying.

Stay safe.

Ed

Oh yea, forgot to congratulate you on the weight loss. That is amazing! Don't get too comfy thou, as soon as you get back to smokin' you'll probably gain it back. 
ROTF.gif

Everything id going great. In-fact I just won a contest here. Most everyone gains weight during the winter here and to be honest I weighed a bit more than I should when I got here. Back in march they started a biggest loser competition and I figured Id pay 40$ just to help keep the motivation going. Well, since March I have lost 31.5 pounds. Dropping from 246 down to 214.5 . and winning 275$ in pocket change :) . Since I have met my goal of 220 and then some, I am now going for 200 by the time I get home. That will be almost 20% less than when I left. I cant wait to see the look on my wifes face when I get to see her again. I have already went from a size 38 waist down to a size 36, and those are starting to get loose. But then again there is no good BBQ here like I can make at home.

Enjoy the warm weather for me and please post some pics of what you have been cooking on this thread so I can pretend when I have a chance to get back on.

May your lines be tight and your fields be green :)
Was that from all the shivering?
thumb1.gif

Java , Its not to bad really. during the winter you get wi-fi and a room to yourself  for about 6 1/2 of your 8 months here. The food although prettygood seems to be moving to a more preprocesed food style ( just heat and serve). 1 great bonus is they will let you go through a travel agent and give you a credit to use so you can travel.I am going straight home but I could have stayed in new zealand for a couple of days and spent a week in Fiji and then gone home and it would have only cost me about 200$. If you do apply be sure to tell me so I can let you know about some things that go on here and extra items you may want to bring.

Well folks today is the day I fly off the ICE and start to head home ( weather permitting ). I look forward to warming up my smoker and having some real bbq after 7 1/2 months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky