Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
icon14.gif

I know it's great to be home and sleep in your own bed. Be waiting to see what you smoke first.

Gary

On November 28th in the US a documentary film is being released.  Here's what the IMDB site has to say about it:

Antarctica: A Year on Ice (2013).  This feature-length film reveals what it is like to live and work at the bottom of the planet, in Antarctica, for a full year. The story is not from the point of view of scientists, but of the people who spend the most time there; the everyday workers who keep the stations running in the harshest place on the planet. Filmed over 15 years by Frozen Planet photographer Anthony Powell, the film features a unique insiders point of view, with unparalleled access, and never before seen stunning footage of the deep Antarctic winters.     

Here's what a reviewer said:  Unlike many documentaries of Antarctica that focus on the wildlife, this amazing movie gives an insight into the life of those hardy souls who spend 6-12 months in this harsh continent. With honesty and humour, Anthony Powell treats the viewer to an insiders guide to some of the characters that call Scott Base or McMurdo Base their home for a season or two. This is the closest that most of us will ever get to experience a year working at the bottom of the Earth, but boy does it make you dream of going there yourself one day. Add to that some stunning footage of the untouched vastness of the Antarctic landscape, the night sky through the long winter nights, the ethereal shimmer of the Aurora and time-lapse videography and you get, in my opinion, a perfect 92 minutes of escapism to a place that most of us will never set foot on, but all of us should appreciate.

Mike, you've "been there done that" and we've been lucky to share your experience here.  I'm now looking forward to the film for more exposure to your experience.                

I have this movie. I watched this over the winter there and it is amazing. It truly shows what it is like there. I would love to see it on the big screen though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky