Can you smoke pistachio shells?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefal

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Peoria, AZ
I was smoking a chicken this evening, and munching on some pistachio nuts.

Then I wondered to myself: Can I throw these nut shells on the coals and smoke with them? Anyone?

I have yet to try them but I've been told by a few smokers that they give a nice mildly sweet nutty flavor. Let us know what you think if ya try them.

Here is a site that sells them and man do they look good
I am doing 7 # of mixed nuts this weekend with some mozarella. I think I will try to pick up some pistachios and add them in with the mixed nuts

http://www.smokinhotnuts.com/

Well I totally misread this post - smoking with nut shells i have done and it is all good - still gonna go get some TO smoke anyway

I have smoked with pistachio shells, even smoked some cheese. I only use the plain ones, not the ones coated in red or white. It had a pleasant but not overbearing aroma. Give it a try, that's the only way you'll know if you like the flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky