Campfire bacon..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree.  GREAT looking cook.
I know why your bacon came out so great,you were getting back to your primitive roots,I know for me when I take my family camping,starting that first fire and hearing your meat sizzling, smelling that wood smoke,Just makes ever thing taste great.You can cook the same thing at home but it will never taste the same
So what you guys are saying is that the next time I go camping. I should bring 4 belly's with me and make a "limited campfire reserve bacon".
grilling_smilie.gif

Last edited:
Me and some friends did a camping "mancation" last weekend. your spread was definitely better then ours! I gotta try bacon next time!

Looks like fun suboc. There's something so satisfying about getting back to simple roots of living. Way to be patient and really let that bacon soak up the smoke for two days. Sounds like it paid off big time.

Thanks fpnmf. That is the recipe I used from his thread. That recipe is the best thing that ever happened to me..
yahoo.gif
I did use half the sugar though.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky