butt q-veiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carl spackler

Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
southeast Ia
Started some more butts this morning, also added a picture of the new project.
2304a764_vbattach15210.jpg

7d5bb7f8_vbattach15209.jpg

1081d538_vbattach15208.jpg

51cee9d1_vbattach15207.jpg

That is some awsome looking butt (whew, slurp.....wipe) That new smoker doing a good job looks like. In the last picture is that a firebox on the bottom with the stacks going through the bottom of the cooking chamber?

That is a fatty stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon also covered inside and out with cajun fish fry batter, it turned out pretty good. Butts are still going. As for the last picture that is a bottom fire box smoker. I mounted a plate over the tube as they enter the smoke box to divert heat to the sides. It will also be getting a propane burner box. I was worried about having a small fire box but have been testing today and can get the heat up to 300 and maintain 250 okay. With a gas backup it should work good. Anybody have any thoughts on a burner system? And thanks for the compliments Im just learning the smokin!

hi Carl welcome to smf this is a good forum, A lot of good stuff here.
All I have been doing is coming here to read every since I joined.
Here is a link to where I got my custom pipe burner, and stainless steel temp gauges and high pressure regulator with pressure gauge.
They have all kinds of burners, maybe you will find one to fit your needs.
So far I am happy with the way mine works.
I am using model hpbx-2 on mine. Hope you find this helpful.
http://www.tejassmokers.com/

Help me out here Carl, you have 2 smokers?? Are they hooked together, just went back and forth on those 2 pic's and don't quite understand how they work!!
Butt's look GREAT so obviously it's workin!!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky