Brined 13-15 Monster Shrimp w/q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanks for the link, ill have to keep my eyes out for them.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks

you found the thread, I am at work, and didnt have time to post the link.

yes:

ketchup
L & P worstershire
Chinese 5 spice
black pepper
horseradish
texas pete hot sauce

Great looking Shrimp!

I have posted several times about brining to enhance shrimp flavor and moistness, so I know those taste great.

But now reading your post I had forgot to mention one vital part of the procedure and that is to thoroughly rinse the shrimp off to remove the salt.

I haven't done any in awhile, seeing your I think I know what we are doing this weekend...

Thanks for sharing the pics

thanks,

definitely rinsed the shrimp off after the brine. an important step I agree.

Good lookin' shrimp! Next time try basting with melted butter and droppin' some Old Bay on 'em (as others have suggested). Then you won't even want to bother with cocktail sauce.

my daughter was dipping them in melted garlic butter for some crab legs we were eating.

with the brine & smoke they really didnt need any other seasoning.

I'll have to try it that way. That's one of the great things about smokin', there's always a new method/technique to try and therefore always a reason to fire up the smoker!

I agree 100%.

really not much that can be deemed "right or wrong" in BBQ, its all a matter of an individuals preference.

How much water, salt & sugar? I assume the shells were removed? What type of wood did you smoke with?

Sorry for all the questions but I never really gave it a thought to smoke shrimp and I have 6 lbs of large gulf shrimp sitting in the freezer that I'm itching to try this on.

dang,

I thought I listed the brine ammounts, sorry.

3 cups cold water from the fridge,
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar

some folks use warm water to get the salt and sugar to dissolve, and then add ice to cool it down, I just wisk the cold water, and the sugar and salt break down after about a minute of wisking.

Shell on, but split down the back to de-vein, the shell adds flavor, and protects the shrimp.

Hickory, and Lump charcoal was the fuel.

good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky