BREADED PORK TENDERLOIN SLIDERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I never understood why they call these sandwiches "tenderloin" because they are actually from the loin. Anyway I made a few last night for dinner but not the big giant ones you see at the fairs or festivals. I decided to just make them slider style.

Started with a loin. I sliced some thin chops for the sandwiches and then a few thick chops and some cubed for kabobs . I'll freeze those for later use.
0309201137.jpg
0309201141.jpg

Then I pounded them out until really thin.
0311201820.jpg
0311201827.jpg
0311201827a.jpg

Then I put about a 1/2 " of oil in a cast iron pan and got the oil temp to 375°. Set up a cooling/drip rack for when they come out of the hot oil.
0311201853_HDR.jpg
0311201854.jpg

This is my breading work station . I seasoned the pounded out pork with salt and pepper. Into the four...then the egg and milk and last into fine crushed Ritz crackers. I would do three at a time into the hot oil.
0311201853.jpg

I didnt get a shot of them in the hot oil but here they are on the rack after beeing fried.
0311202101a.jpg

Now we're ready to build the sandwiches. Starting with the little slider buns and then I'm going with American cheese,lettuce tomatoes and the Kraft sandwich spread that Bearcarver Bearcarver . turned me onto.
0311202102a.jpg
0311202102.jpg

First the cheese and tomato
0311202125_HDR.jpg
0311202129.jpg

Then the lettuce and the sandwich spread.
0311202129b.jpg

All put together.
0311202130.jpg
0311202131.jpg

Theese things were pretty dang good! I had two of them along with some potato chips. Thanks for taking a look!

Man I'd tear about 4 of those up right now. Nice meal.

P.s. clean the underside of your vent hood lmao!
Thanks they were really good!.....and holy $@!¡ man ive never looked under there. I'm gonna be on that ASAP!

Saw the reflection in your hot oil!
Well I'm glad you saw because I didn't until you said something! Thats disgusting lol! Guess I'm not as picky about cleaning as I thought!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Schnitzel slider !! Love it , looks fantastic . Crackers ( saltines ) was the breading of my youth .
I know that was a great sandwich , and that spread is good on coating fried anything .
Nice work .
I've edited out a few pics when the camera shows things that the eyes don't see . We all have them .

Those look great! I've started making these with cubed ham steaks. I just need to make my steaks a little thinner from now on. Great post.

Schnitzel slider !! Love it , looks fantastic . Crackers ( saltines ) was the breading of my youth .
I know that was a great sandwich , and that spread is good on coating fried anything .
Nice work .
I've edited out a few pics when the camera shows things that the eyes don't see . We all have them .
Thanks chopsaw! If I was not going to put these on a bun like this I would have made a gravy for them. Schnitzel is some good eats!

Love sliders and these look awesome!
thanks! We like do do everything in slider form! Plus it makes for the appropriate size meal for the kids.
Man, that looks delicious!
Thanks idahopz!
Looks real good . I could put a couple of those away.
thanks Winterrider! I had two. I always make more than needed because these freeze really well. You can just reheat them on a sheet pan in the oven from frozen. Makes for quick meals.

Wow! I was hungry but now I'm starving. Those look great. I like your CI pan, what is it about a 14? And yes I had to go back to look to see what jake was talking about, finally saw the reflection, lol.

Ryan

Wow! I was hungry but now I'm starving. Those look great. I like your CI pan, what is it about a 14? And yes I had to go back to look to see what jake was talking about, finally saw the reflection, lol.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! That cast iron is the Lodge 15" and I love that thing! I also have the combo cooker. It's one deep pan and one shallow pan that doubles as a lid to make it a Dutch oven. I have a whole set of copper bottom stainless pots and pans that are really nice and some blue diamond non stick pans that work awesome too. The cast iron gets used 90% of the time. I have some old Wagner ones that I picked up over the years but they all need restored. Something ive been meaning to do for a long time and never seems to get put on my always growing list of things to do( like now cleaning the vent hood!lol!) One day I'll get to them. I probably have 6-8 various sizes. Will makes nice stuff to hand down to my kids and last them forever.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
You shoulda called me! I would have helped chow that down in a second! Nice work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky