Boneless skinless chicken breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
WOW, tonight I proved it. It's all about IT (internal temperature).

I've been smoking boneless skinless chicken breast A LOT!!! (Like 2-3 times a week for probably 2 months). Any where from 7 min to 20 min. (PS, the 7 min was at 60°F añd today's 20 min was at 80°F). I have no idea why ambient temperature is not affecting them, but by pulling them at 160°F they are tender and jucy. Maybe it's just too many whiskey's (I doubt it).

Not sure of the method you are mentioning. 7 min or 20 min ??? Are you using a high temp grill with a smoke augmentor or ????

Not sure of the method you are mentioning. 7 min or 20 min ??? Are you using a high temp grill with a smoke augmentor or ????
I start out at 190° for 10 min for smoke then increase to 350°F and wait for a 140° IT. Then I set the GT to 400°F and transfer the breast to the GrillGrates and sauce side 1. At 150°F I flip them and sauce side 2. At 160°F I pull them. Depending on the thickness it takes 20-30 min.

Last edited:
If I'm in a hurry I start at 400. I still flip, sauce and pull all by temp rather than time. This way usually takes 7-8 min.

Either method still yields jucy white meat.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky