Bone-In, Skin On Breast Smoke (help needed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cnet24

Original poster
Feb 24, 2019
This is one of my wife’s and I’s favorite piece of chicken to grill, and this weekend we are going to try to smoke some. I’ve never smoked chicken but I’ve seen enough threads here to understand this is a different type of smoke compared to pork,etc. What suggestions do you have? Wood choice, smoking temp, and expectations of time are the questions that I have right now.

Edit: MES smoker using pellet maze

I do these at about 225-250 with Apple or cherry wood. They take about an hour or two or so depending on their size so make sure to have a thermometer handy.

The skin won’t be crispy so if you want the crispy skin pull it a little early and finish it on the grill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky