Blueberry & Strawberry No Sugar Jam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I know I been posting a lot lately and hope not over stepping but in been like therapy for me. It is helping me to stay low carb and all the cooking helps keep mind off Gretchen's problems. I been keeping a pretty good low carb streak going and managed to lose another 10 lbs. It has taking many years but coming from 355 lbs to 240 now.

Been Getting strawberries and Blueberries super cheap! Made these today. So easy. Make sure they turn out which I sure they will and do it again tomorrow. I use Ball RealFruit™ Pectin No Sugar and follow the instructions from the Ball Pectin Calculator site. Always comes out great. I also just pulse fruit in food processor. I using Allulose for the sugar.

20230719_112723.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I "try" to stay away from sugar too, so rarely is there any type of jam in our house.
This would be a good option to have them in the house again.
Thanks for posting.

P.S. Keep up the good work on the weight loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Aint no one gonna complain about your posts.....Except maybe they making us hungry. Interested to see how the jams turn out.

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
Nice job on that Brian, keep up the good work! I made some strawberry sugar free jam, used Splenda. Taste was great but was a little runny, a few days in the fridge firmed it right up, delish! Been making a ton of berry pies using Splenda, better than sugar, berries seem to be on sale every week now. I freeze the berries in my chest freezer on a cookie sheet, then vac-seal like a frozen pack of marbles works great. Healthy pie all year at a good price! Don't forget the zero sugar whipped cream, the stuff is fantastic! RAY

DSCN4258.JPG

DSCN4259.JPG

Nice job on that Brian, keep up the good work! I made some strawberry sugar free jam, used Splenda. Taste was great but was a little runny, a few days in the fridge firmed it right up, delish! Been making a ton of berry pies using Splenda, better than sugar, berries seem to be on sale every week now. I freeze the berries in my chest freezer on a cookie sheet, then vac-seal like a frozen pack of marbles works great. Healthy pie all year at a good price! Don't forget the zero sugar whipped cream, the stuff is fantastic! RAY

View attachment 671024
View attachment 671025
Think it was your post that got me making Strawberry Jam. Pie looks killer. I putting together a keto flour that suppose to be really close to white flour. I see Checking and Dumplings in my future!

Opened the Blueberry and set up good. That is the only Pectin I will use now. Never fails. It could of been a little sweeter but it is good. I used a 1/2 cup Allulose. I like that sugar as it does not crystalize but it not as sweet. I been thinking of adding some pure Stevia powder I have to it but after chatting with Jeff decide to wait and try on something I dont mind messing up. I might get some pure Monkfruit to try with it.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I finished up the Blueberries and made two more jars. I went ahead and put a 1 tsp of that Pure Stevia powder in and it did give the extra sweetness. I going to order a bag of Allulose Monk Fruit blend. I think that will be just the ticket where I need something that wont crystalize. Could just add 30% more Allulose but I think this will work good. Blueberries cheap again this week. Need to figure out something different to do with them

Attachments

• 20230726_105409.jpg
    20230726_105409.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky