Bitterroot Beast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
Drove down to Hamilton, MT last night to try out Moose Creek BBQ, but they were closed for some reason. A hamburger place called Nap's Grill was next door so we went in.

Make a long story short: they have an eating challenge. I'm a sucker for these things. It's called The Bitterroot Beast.

It starts with 3 12oz beef patties layered with 4 pieces of bread, 6 slices of cheese, 6 slices of thick cut 10/12 bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Weight is between 3-3.5 pounds.

Alongside The Beast is a pound of fries and a large milkshake (I chose huckleberry).

IMG_20190227_183000.jpg

The Beast has been slayed!
IMG_20190227_190034.jpg

I'm a big un but there's no way I could finish that wow. Did you even taste it or to much work just trying to get it all down?

Reactions: JC in GB
Thirty years ago? No problem! Now, no way. Just can't eat like I used to.
Congrats on getting the job done...JJ

Reactions: JC in GB
Congrats on the win, hope you stocked up on toilet paper.

Chris

Thanks fellas! It really was a delicious tasting burger. I don't think I could've gotten it down if it wasn't.

There's a 25 minute time limit.

I took the patties/mushrooms/onions out and put them down first. I savored those bites best I could, cause they were worth savoring. I probably took too long on this, because the end got rushed.

Then I moved on to the fries. At first I was dunking them in ketchup, then switching to Nap's Secret Sauce to keep the flavors rotating, but then I realized time was getting low so I just started shoving them in my mouth as quick as possible. They were crispy fries, just like I like 'em.

Lastly, I came back to the bread. I'm not sure it was a good idea saving it 'til last, especially with how quickly my time was running out. I would chew and chew and chew and my stomach just did not want to let me swallow. I got it in though.

The huckleberry milkshake helped wash things down throughout the whole chew.

I'm still pretty bummed that the BBQ place was closed though. I really wanted to try it out.

25 minutes makes the feat more impressive...You ready for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest?...JJ

Did the restaurant have a list of some sort of the people that have completed the challenge? Was this list very long? You obviously made that list....I'm impressed.

The only challenge I ever won was @ a BW3's in Cincinnati Ohio. My Polynesian friend and I finished a very large tray of what they claimed were extreme super hot wings.... (they were not that hot by Louisiana standards) the prize for finishing the tray was free meals for a year. We won, got our picture taken and put up on the wall. We were only in town for a week so needless to say, we ate there daily. Upon leaving town, we ended up selling the free meal card to one of the regulars for $1000 bucks...

That looks like quite the feast. No way in hell I make that. Neither did you, I still see some mushrooms and onions on that plate:emoji_sunglasses:

So you made it, was it free?

...You ready for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest?...JJ
Those guys are in a league of their own! They probably eat burgers like this for appetizers the day of the competition.

Did the restaurant have a list of some sort of the people that have completed the challenge? Was this list very long? You obviously made that list....I'm impressed.

The only challenge I ever won was @ a BW3's in Cincinnati Ohio. My Polynesian friend and I finished a very large tray of what they claimed were extreme super hot wings.... (they were not that hot by Louisiana standards) the prize for finishing the tray was free meals for a year. We won, got our picture taken and put up on the wall. We were only in town for a week so needless to say, we ate there daily. Upon leaving town, we ended up selling the free meal card to one of the regulars for $1000 bucks...
This is a new place for them, so they said they didn't have the "Wall of Fame" up yet, but that it's in the works.

I got a free burger meal and you got $1,000 for eating some hot wings (plus some free meals). You can't beat that deal.
I wonder if they honored the meal cards to people they know didn't do the challenge?

That looks like quite the feast. No way in hell I make that. Neither did you, I still see some mushrooms and onions on that plate:emoji_sunglasses:

So you made it, was it free?
Some people are never satisfied...
My buddy sitting across from me said the same thing. I guess in the moment I must've shot him a death glare, because he immediately repented :emoji_laughing:

Yes, it was free. It's $35 if you don't finish it, which really isn't that bad of a deal for the food you get. My whole family could easy eat on that and call it a good meal. Taking the whole family out for a $35 meal is a rarity these days.

I got a free burger meal and you got $1,000 for eating some hot wings (plus some free meals). You can't beat that deal.
I wonder if they honored the meal cards to people they know didn't do the challenge?
From what I understand, He could not use the card in that particular restaurant because they knew him, but he traveled a lot for work and the card was good at any BW3's in the country so he used it then.

Couldn't come close to that these days. A little over a year ago tried a challenge that was just a 1 lb burger with a pound of fries and large drink and couldn't do that much anymore. Finished about 4\5 of the burger and around half the fries. My stomach ain't as young as it used to be. I might try that one again though as I wasn't really very hungry at the time. Just did it because a friend was and he didn't want to do it by himself.

Drove down to Hamilton, MT last night to try out Moose Creek BBQ, but they were closed for some reason. A hamburger place called Nap's Grill was next door so we went in.

Make a long story short: they have an eating challenge. I'm a sucker for these things. It's called The Bitterroot Beast.

It starts with 3 12oz beef patties layered with 4 pieces of bread, 6 slices of cheese, 6 slices of thick cut 10/12 bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Weight is between 3-3.5 pounds.

Alongside The Beast is a pound of fries and a large milkshake (I chose huckleberry).

View attachment 389261

The Beast has been slayed!
View attachment 389262
Man Naps is a great place to eat. Got me craving their burger now. I thought moose creek was across the street

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky