Birthday Pastrami Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Birthday Pastrami Pizza,

So had some folks over Saturday for my becoming of age to receive an other cheque from the government ( 65 )
Had a good early supper , couple adult drinks , than later after they left, I got a craving for the pizza I was going to make today ( Sunday )

Had the dough already started in the fridge, and thought I want pizza now , lol

My smoked pastrami with caramelized red onions, butter fried mushrooms and pizza mozza cheese and green peppers
All cooked on the stone in the Q.

Dough already made and in the fridge to rise , it was double in size when I decided to make the pizza

DSC_7400.JPG DSC_7401.JPG DSC_7402.JPG

So pulled out some of my Pastrami , fried up the red onions and fried some mushrooms in butter for Mona's half

DSC_7395.JPG DSC_7398.JPG DSC_7399.JPG

Got the dough out of fridge and screeched it out to 12"
onto the paddle and built it up

DSC_7403.JPG DSC_7404.JPG

DSC_7405.JPG

DSC_7406.JPG

DSC_7407.JPG

Into the Q, I have it settled in at around 450- 475

DSC_7409.JPG

Starting to brown up nice

DSC_7410.JPG

Here it is ready to remove

DSC_7411.JPG

Ready to slice , I put a couple mushrooms on top so I can see Mona's half. lol

DSC_7412.JPG

This was very good, and the onions and the sauce blended well with the smoked Pastrami

DSC_7413.JPG

Oh and earlier when the company was here and it was time for the cake Mona made for me . I did my honerary cut half way make a wish than someone cuts the rest of the way. Well when I went to go get my phone to take a picture, they started passing it out , ha ha . so this is the picture I got . It said " 65 Made it "

DSC_7414.JPG

Well folks this was my first pizza on the stone , came out very good . I see many more pizza suppers on this stone

Thanks for looking

David

Attachments

• DSC_7408.JPG
    DSC_7408.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 5
That's a whole lot of awesome right there! Congrats on your distinguished age. If you're anything like my parents (same generation) you've earned that check!! All the best!

Beautiful pie as well!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Awesome looking pizza! Make it with a gluten free crust and, yeah! Heck, might even willing to take a gluten hit for a slice.

That's a whole lot of awesome right there! Congrats on your distinguished age. If you're anything like my parents (same generation) you've earned that check!! All the best!

Beautiful pie as well!

Thank you for the comment

Yes hard earned free money. lol

The pizza was really good, it was a toss up to use pizza sauce or mustard, this was a good choice.

David

Spectacular pizza David!! I can only imagine how amazing it was. A truly interesting and creative combination of goodies that must have been off the charts....and happy birthday my friend!!

Robert

Happy Birthday, David and congrats on making the pay grade!! That's quite an amazing combination for a pizza that I'm sure was fantastic...

Nicely done on the pizza and happy birthday.
What did you add to the dough ? Looks like maybe basil or oregano.
I add them to my sauce, but never added to dough.

Happy belated birthday David!
Your pizza looks wonderful! Looks like you have your pizza making dialed in!

Ryan

Spectacular pizza David!! I can only imagine how amazing it was. A truly interesting and creative combination of goodies that must have been off the charts....and happy birthday my friend!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Was a good pizza , and the ingredients were a nice blend of flavours,

And thanks for the Old age wish, lol

David

Happy Birthday, David and congrats on making the pay grade!! That's quite an amazing combination for a pizza that I'm sure was fantastic...

Thank you Charles for the like and the comment

Thanks for the B-day wish. Yes been waiting 65 years for the upscale in my income, lol
And yes the pizza was a hit for sure

David

Nicely done on the pizza and happy birthday.
What did you add to the dough ? Looks like maybe basil or oregano.
I add them to my sauce, but never added to dough.

Thanks Bruce for the comment

Thanks for the birthday wish and yes the pizza was very good.
I put Summer Savory in the dough when I mixed the flour, thought it would be a nice addition to the dough. And yes it was.
I also add the basil and oregano to my pizza sauce plus more items

David

Happy belated birthday David!
Your pizza looks wonderful! Looks like you have your pizza making dialed in!

Ryan

Thank you Ryan for the like and the comment

Yes nice to make pizza again on a stone instead on a pan in the oven, not that there is anything wrong with that, lol
And fun to get back to sliding them off a paddle

And thanks for the birthday wish

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky