Big Brisket Problem!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice!!! Sounds like you had some success.
Briskets are done when tender so your stab all over test will always let you know.
Seems like eats getting devoured though :D

Unfortunately i would like to rest a brisket over night but short timing i did all i could.

Final product made delicious sandwiches, but some slices just fell apart while slicing, but still delicious.

All i would want to make it better is more resting time. Left half of the brisket to finish slicing tomorrow. Looking forward to some thick juicy slabs.

Unfortunately i would like to rest a brisket over night but short timing i did all i could.

Final product made delicious sandwiches, but some slices just fell apart while slicing, but still delicious.

All i would want to make it better is more resting time. Left half of the brisket to finish slicing tomorrow. Looking forward to some thick juicy slabs.

Congrats on the success!!!

Yeah more resting time can definitely help when it is falling apart in spots. As it cools down it tends to hold together a bit more when sliced.

There's a little trick used alot in TX. You smoke a brisket and cook the crap out of it. Basically where it will want to shred and fall apart easily. THEN you double wrap in foil and rest and put it in the fridge and next day when it is cool you slice it cold and u can easily do pencil thin slices.
You put it all back together in the foil and reheat OR you reheat in cambros as slices and you are back in business. It holds up and taste perfectly find like this. No loss of quality... provided you arent drying it out while reheating it, but if you are reheating 10 pounds at once all put together or piled on top of itself you generally dont dry it out haha.

Reactions: Genometrix
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky