Bhut Jolokia pepper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well after my seeds from dyce have been sitting in the seed starter dirt, i checked today and HELLO!!! i have 2 out of the 12 pots coming up.. It has taken them almost 3 weeks to sprout, even had them on a heating pad. Looks like i'll the ghost's this year, cant wait.

Some peppers really germinate slow, my peter peppers take 21 days, Ive got about 6 of them just waiting for a little warmer weather to transplant them outside
icon_redface.gif

I bought a plant for the very same reason...lol. I sure don't have the gonads to eat one!! I like hot peppers, but this is way too hot for me. I'm sure that by late summer I will come across some one that will try to eat one. The video will be posted.

For anyone wondering what eating a Bhut Jolokia is like......You take the first bite and you get a great blast of citrusy pepper flavor. But within seconds the heat begins to build, and build and build. After anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes into it the heat build to the point of pain and drooling. The intense heat levels off and just just bakes ya! Your lips turn bright red and slightly swell, your eyes water, your nose runs, sweat beads roll down your forehead, every breath you take hurts, you stomach starts to almost ball up, You try to drink a beer, and that makes it worse, so you try milk and you get a second or 2 of relief only to have the burn slap ya in the mouth again, you try eating ice cream and NOTHING helps. It's a heat wave you just have to ride out!!!! The burn stays with you for for a good while. After the burn begins to diminish, you begin getting a little fuzzy feeling, a little relaxed feeling (meantime the burn is more of a sting now) and a little light headed. The fuzzy feeling covers you from head to toe....and now you go for the real ride...The Endorphin Rush!!!!! When you get a "true" endorphin rush then you will understand why we eat things this FREAKIN HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too mention its fun to dare an unsuspecting victim to eat one!!!!! lol

We get ours from chileplants.com.  We order plenty of other plants from there so throwing in a couple of bhuts is no biggie.  As far as eating them, I second what dyce51 says.  These things are HOT!  I don't mean breathe in a little fast through your teeth to cool things down hot, I mean Hell fire hot.  The first year we grew them I was giving people a TINY sliver to taste and it would blow them away!  And I'm talking about chile heads!  The pepper has wonderful flavor for the first two seconds and then BLAM! Life as you knew it is completely changed for the next half hour.   This year we're going to work on a wing sauce with ours!!

For anyone wondering what eating a Bhut Jolokia is like......You take the first bite and you get a great blast of citrusy pepper flavor. But within seconds the heat begins to build, and build and build. After anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes into it the heat build to the point of pain and drooling. The intense heat levels off and just just bakes ya! Your lips turn bright red and slightly swell, your eyes water, your nose runs, sweat beads roll down your forehead, every breath you take hurts, you stomach starts to almost ball up, You try to drink a beer, and that makes it worse, so you try milk and you get a second or 2 of relief only to have the burn slap ya in the mouth again, you try eating ice cream and NOTHING helps. It's a heat wave you just have to ride out!!!! The burn stays with you for for a good while. After the burn begins to diminish, you begin getting a little fuzzy feeling, a little relaxed feeling (meantime the burn is more of a sting now) and a little light headed. The fuzzy feeling covers you from head to toe....and now you go for the real ride...The Endorphin Rush!!!!! When you get a "true" endorphin rush then you will understand why we eat things this FREAKIN HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too mention its fun to dare an unsuspecting victim to eat one!!!!! lol
Now I want some!!!

dyce51 I am laughin out loud in my cube...folks prolly wonderin wutz so funny!  That is a very vivid image.  I can almost see and feel how it would be!  I've eaten a habenero and that lit me up pretty good so I'm just floored thinkin bout how hot that dang thang must be!

Got six plants growing in the garden. But I havent seen a flower yet. I am hoping. Getting tired of the ghost pepper sauce. I mean it's ok but we like fresh peppers. Oh and a Red Savina Habanaro is 875,000 Scoville Units. A Bhut Jolokia is 1,300,000 Scoville Units. A Jalapeno is 5,000 to 8,000 Scoville Units. If you don't know what the Scoville Scale is, You should probably stick to Bell Peppers.

Last edited:
I have six plants growing in planters right now. I bring them in for the winter and put them in my grow room (with my other plants) They just keep growing and putting out peppers. I do change the lights to 18 hours when they slow down. Then after a month down to 12 to trick them into more fruit

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky