Best thing you ever smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A cross rib chuck roast using a beer type marinade and smoked over red oak.

This is a great question~ and a tough one! Makes us look back at so many smokes, so many successes and pick a favourite. THAT is tough to do
icon_rolleyes.gif

I ended up in a tie. An honest-to-goodness tie between my Yucatan Style PPB http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=80510

and my first Pastrami From A Full Packer http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=83593

By the way, I was able to find Banana Leaves a week or two ago, so I'm going to have to revisit the Yucatan PPB soon.

I hope you do, that was a great smoke.
I love using the banana leaves, they smell wonderful and add a great subtle sweetness to the food.

Hmmm, I have tried lots of different things since joining this site, this has to be my favorite

Just Kidding, took this off of some guys doing a deal a middle school parking lot.

This was my favorite

Albacore

either the turkey for this Thanksgiving or the Gamehens. it was the first things i smoked and that was about the same time i joined i sure got a lot of helpful advice. Thanks again to all of you who helped me with everything.

chuck roast.. To me they taste like beef ribs without the bone to deal with. Although I gotta say that a pork shoulder or butt are about the easiest to do without messing up. Still -Chuck Roast.. Hemi..
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Citrus garlic leg of lamb, or Rosemary Garlic Top loin roast.

Either one, they were the first time I had ever saw a perfect medium rare the whole way through the meat. Almost a perfect pink color. Tasted great too!

After that the meat "flag" (sausage and bacon) I smoked to put on the bottom of a tater-tot casseroll.

Then everything else, cuz its allll goooooood.

I'm the the beef crowd.
For me, it would have to be Tri-Tips in the Barrel-Q. Cooked hot over hickory for a good sear and smoke ring.

Tri Tip!!! Hands down!! I love this cut of beef, and you can easily change the flavor with all sorts of different marinades. LOVE IT!!! ...doing two of them tomorrow!

simple question with a difficult answer,I agree with you Erain (seared brisket)as in the great brisket throwdown between Sumosmoke and myself-if you could only taste Q-view.

Favorite smoked thing to eat: BB's

Favorite smoked labor of love: Stuffed Pork Loin

deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet.

I made the dough, and smoked the sausage, cheese and sauce. Gathered all the ingredients and smoked the pizza.

The sauce was the best part.

I'd say that smoking a stuffed fatty was the most fun, but my favorite would have to be brisket. After putting so much time and effort into one my choice is brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky