Best Rum Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

queteepie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I see we have a shortage of dessert recipes...so being the recipe junkie that I am (stop me if I get crazy!) I had to submit this one for your tasting. No matter where I bring this cake, people fight over the last piece and beg for the recipe. It really is That Good!!!
I might mention that I made this cake for a fundraising auction and it went for $225.00!!!!!

Best Rum Cake

Cake:
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts
1 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix
1 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Barcardi dark rum (I use regular Bacardi and Gold with no problems)
Glaze:
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Barcardi dark rum
Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan. Combine all cake ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour (or until knife comes out clean). Cool in pan. Poke holes into cake(while still in pan) with a skewer and pour glaze over , let sit for an hour or so then invert onto a serving plate
Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar.
Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.

QueTeePie

Thanks for posting this, if its that good I certainly will make some. Thanks again.
icon_smile.gif

Sounds great! I just wish I could figure out how to print out these recipes without printing 5 pages!!

Bass,
Just use your mouse to high-lite the whole text you want to copy. Then right click copy. . With that done..open a word doc, get your cursor on the page and right click and choose paste . save the doc to your files:) Hope you got that...PM me if you need more direction.

QueTeePie

Thanks QTP! I got it! I may not remember it by this afternoon, but I got the rum cake recipe
biggrin.gif

Pudding mix, the box I have is 3.4oz size.

The recipe says "1 3/4oz" - is this correct ? Should I reduce the amount I use to 1 3/4 oz ?

-- Lee

Lee...you are right it is 3.4 oz box. (the standard instant pudding box) I'll edit the recipe above..thanks for pointing that out. Let me know how it turned out for you! You'll wish you made two!!!!!!

Tracy

I've already made the cake portion. Waiting for it cool to glaze it !

I found this recipe on the internet in several places. One said to use the 3.4oz package (4 serving size).

Thanks ! I look forward to eating it later.

-- Lee

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky