Beef Tenderloin Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Picked some up at the commissary at lunch today.

Will cook one in the oven, one on the grill.
20230412_123525.jpg
20230412_123530.jpg

Recently saw a video of a piece of pork tenderloin seasoned, wrapped in cheesecloth, tied to the underside of a dutch of lid.

Charcoal put inside the dutch oven, lid put back on.

Looked interesting.

Might try that instead of being done in the oven.

Reactions: JLeonard
Supposed to be just the thickest end of the tenderloin. Those look whole to me. Either way I’d back up a tech at that price! Tenderloin is a cut that matters less on grade really. Select is likely still fork tender.

Last edited:
Recently saw a video of a piece of pork tenderloin seasoned, wrapped in cheesecloth, tied to the underside of a dutch of lid.

Charcoal put inside the dutch oven, lid put back on.

Looked interesting.

Might try that instead of being done in the oven.

Reactions: jcam222
It's just the thick end of a whole tenderloin...
Yep, the end that most people prefer. I've never really heard what they do with the rest of the tenderloin...
Tenderloin is a cut that matters less on grade really.
Yes sir. The tenderloin is the least used muscle in any animal that has them...
I think I will grab at least 4 more tomorrow and freeze.
At that price, I definitely would grab some more. If they're all 2 packs, split and vacuum seal individually, then freeze...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky