Be Safe Southerners!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Johnny. I know about them and will look it up. Any chance you want to meet up with us in the morning in Mayfield? I know y'all have plenty of damage in your area as well so I understand if not. Or do y'all need help around Madisonville?
I can’t meet tomorrow Jake. We are actually headed out of town for a couple of days. Hardest hit areas in this area are locked down right now. I’m in the planning stages right now to go to a small town (Bremen) near here on Wednesday (hopefully) to set up and cook whatever I can for whoever needs something to eat.
You and Emily be careful and thanks for your willingness to help those in need.

Reactions: OldSmoke and TNJAKE
Well fellas been a long, sad day. For starters this isn't a look at what I did post but a look what they endured post. We headed to Mayfield KY about 4am this morning. They turned us away and told us to go to Dawson Springs. When we got there we spent the first half of the day searching for bodies. They suspended rescues last night. Unfortunately we found 2 people. We were paired up with people who had dogs. Second part of day was clearing trees and roadways with our chainsaws. This place was flattened and we are heartbroken. So many people there helping though! Here are a few pics to lend some perspective to what we often take for granted. Me and Emily are going back in the morning and likely for a few more days........here's a high note. About an hour before we were required to check back in and leave town because of curfew they found a survivor. There is always hope. Please keep these people in your prayers. I've been to war and never quite seen something like this
IMG_20211212_142914.jpg
IMG_20211212_135023.jpg
IMG_20211212_135019.jpg
IMG_20211212_133111.jpg
IMG_20211212_133104.jpg
IMG_20211212_111404.jpg
IMG_20211212_111357.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG950010.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_142921.jpg
    IMG_20211212_142921.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 5
Wow thats horriable. Flag still standing thou. Prayers for everyone.

Reactions: TNJAKE
That is tragic. Mad respect to you and Emily for doing what you can. My family’s prayers and donations.
Semper Fi
Jed

Last edited:
That is tragic. Mad respect to you and Emily for doing what you can. My family’s prayers and donations.
Sadly Mayfield is the only one making the news. There is a dozen towns like this one in that area that are flattened. These people were very poor to begin with and have lost everything

• Sad
Reactions: gmc2003
Stay strong buddy, what you're doing is something a lot of folks wouldn't or couldn't do. Prayers to you and Emily. Special prayers for those caught in the middle of this devastation.

Chris

Jake
This is just terrible to here and see. Glad there is people like you and your family to be able to help out in everyway that you can.
So many families torn apart because of the weather.
Our hearts and payers go out to all affected by this

David and Mona

This is so much worse than we knew about, and that was bad. Jake, people like you and your Family are very special to be able to go and help. Praying for all.

Stay strong buddy, what you're doing is something a lot of folks wouldn't or couldn't do. Prayers to you and Emily. Special prayers for those caught in the middle of this devastation.

Chris
There were 100s of volunteers, first responders, fire, police, national guard. My hope is most Americans would help their neighbors if they could

Jake
This is just terrible to here and see. Glad there is people like you and your family to be able to help out in everyway that you can.
So many families torn apart because of the weather.
Our hearts and payers go out to all affected by this

David and Mona
Sad is for sure. They will appreciate the prayers. They are in desperate need

Reactions: DRKsmoking
This is so much worse than we knew about, and that was bad. Jake, people like you and your Family are very special to be able to go and help. Praying for all.
Is worse than what we knew about. Wish you could have been in our truck when we pulled up to it. You don't really know how to feel you just want to help. We are far from special though. Just spreading love and showing others we care

Reactions: MJB05615
Thanks Jake. I cannot imagine what you and your family felt while helping wherever you could in the search for casualties. The pictures are horrific.

Thanks Jake. I cannot imagine what you and your family felt while helping wherever you could in the search for casualties. The pictures are horrific.
After talking to some friends near the area we decided not to take the kids. Glad we didn't as they weren't really wanted at this current time. My kids definitely have perspective though and we have taken them on many mission trips and servant opportunities throughout the years

Reactions: bigfurmn
Wow Jake you definitely have a servants' heart. Prayers for you and Emily and for the families that are affected. They certainly need all of the help available

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky