BBQ Pitmasters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's nice to have bbq show on TV. I keep a notepad and pen handy to jot stuff down while pausing the dvr. Got a lot of new ideas to try out, although they don't give away a whole lot in any episode, over the span of the series you can get a little better idea of what they are doing. Hopefully they are telling the truth.

Myron's antics make for good tv. It's either made for tv or he's just someone who is a fierce competitor on game day. Overall I've learned a lot from the show and had some good laughs. Soon as I get my little insulated smoker finished I'll be tipping over the Parkay display at the local supermarket.

They did a good job of making Myron look like the bad guy on this show until the second to last episode. If you saw it he looked happier and more excited than Johnny Trig and the Jambo Pits guy when they took first and second place in the rib competition. All in all he seems to be a good guy regardless of how they show him (every show has to have a bad guy).

I have noticed 2 curious things in the show:

1. Someone put butter on the ribs from those blue squeeze butter containers with the yellow lids.

2. Someone foiled their ribs with honey.

Anyone ever try that?

Get ready.
With all due respect, why? I thought it was barely entertaining at best. With the exception of the Parkay, honey and brown sugar foiled ribs and Myron Mixon's muffin tin chicken thighs, what did this add to BBQ culture in the USA? Patriots playing exhibition football tonight, I'll be watching that.

I didn't really care for last year's show... but this year a friend's team will be on. I will tune in just to see how they do.
biggrin.gif

There are two other people that I know from another forum that will also be on.

From what I hear, their show will air on September 2nd.

It took awhile for me to take too it, but I'm lookinmg forward ot it.

Cowgirl i believe the first episode, at least in my area is tonight?

I hope I'm not wrong cause I'm staying up for it?

I don't know about them all having "parts to play" but I did hear that Myron is the Executive Producer/Director?? Could this be true? I'm not sure how to look it up? If he is "acting" like a jerk. Give that man an Emmy. He's very believable as a jerk. lol.

Terry the first episode is on tonight.  My friend's team and the others that I know from elsewhere will be shown more on the September 2 show.

I'm still going to watch tonight. :)

As far as Myron goes.. he is rather "gruff" isn't he?
icon_razz.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Big Moe Cason a local guy is going to be on this season and I hope he wins the whole thing

I agree with whoever said Myron is not really such an ass, he has always been nice to everyone I know, maybe a slightly screwed up sense of humor but not a jerk like they portray him, he may have even asked to be the "bad" guy.

Tuffy has a new "cadillac" jambo to show off this year so at least its worth watching it to look at them awesome pits.

You guys that think Leeann is hot need to get out of the hills and move to the city, kinda like compairing Sarah Palin to other politicians, compaired to other bbqers she is a 10 but compaired to cheerleaders she is a 2 IMO

Tuffy is a collector, he has had several different pits on the show.

The show has grown on me and so has Myron.

Hell Yeah!!!! You Go Big Mo!!!  The Iowa boy brought his mommas slaw and took the cash tonight.  I thought the Hot Gril on Gril Action was goin to win with Myron loving his pork.  I enjoy the show, but I dont like that they totally ripped off Top Chef which I love.  I enjoyed last season format alot better.  You got to see more of the equipment, techniques, personalities, judging, locations etc....

glad Moe won the 5 gs, IMO this proves they take alot of film with baited questions and edit for effect, Moe is much more mild mannered than that in person.

I do not know if I caref or the show this year, I liked it better when they followed the teams throughout the BBQ circut. This whole "Food Channel Challange" set up is not to appealing for me I will not watch to many more shows if they keep the same format. On a side note I do wish all the competetors the best of luck.

I agree, this season is a big disappointment!!  I think Ryan from Grill on Grill said it best, "This is BBQ Pitmasters Not BBQ Side Dish Cookers."   I liked it better last season when they showed the contestants actually cooking real BBQ. 

Didn't they say Pulled Pork at the very beginning so how did it become sliced pork? Fish???? I watched tonight but doubt I'll be watching much more

Didn't they say Pulled Pork at the very beginning so how did it become sliced pork? Fish???? I watched tonight but doubt I'll be watching much more
I agree.

With all due respect, why? I thought it was barely entertaining at best. With the exception of the Parkay, honey and brown sugar foiled ribs and Myron Mixon's muffin tin chicken thighs, what did this add to BBQ culture in the USA? Patriots playing exhibition football tonight, I'll be watching that.
Patriots 27

New Orleans 24

I do not know if I caref or the show this year, I liked it better when they followed the teams throughout the BBQ circut. This whole "Food Channel Challange" set up is not to appealing for me I will not watch to many more shows if they keep the same format. On a side note I do wish all the competetors the best of luck.
The "Food Network Challenge" concept is so boring, bring back Emeril
icon_smile.gif

I agree, this season is a big disappointment!!  I think Ryan from Grill on Grill said it best, "This is BBQ Pitmasters Not BBQ Side Dish Cookers."   I liked it better last season when they showed the contestants actually cooking real BBQ. 
Turned it on after the football game and saw them "judging" catfish? And then everyone was challenged to make coleslaw with a "secret ingredient"? Holy Food Fight, Pitman!

I'll watch darn near any BBQ show on TV, even the ones I've seen a dozen times, but this... no.

If I want to watch this form of competiton, I would watch the food network challenges..  I agree with the others.  I prefered watching the KCBS and memphis BBQ contest shows.  At least you got a glimpse of what the competitors are doing.   I removed it off the DVR to do list.  not worth using the memory.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky