BBQ in Killeen Texas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaynik

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Arnold, MD
I'm travelling next month and would love recommendations on BBQ available in the area. I love some brisket... Thanks for any tips!

Jay

I am on ft hood. there is a small Q joint on ws young and business 190 next to hastings music store. have not been there for a while but was really good the last time. If you drive around killeen there a a bunch of shacks with smokers runin which are pretty good.
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

We were driving around Belton Lake and saw a wood sign taked on a tree that said, "BBQ --->"

So we followed the sign to a little shack in the woods that put out some mighty fine BBQ. I've found that these little unknown places are usually the best.

Not related to the post but I'm curious if Gray Army Airfield is still across the
street from Ft Hood, I was stationed there in July/August/September of 67
forming up a new Assault Helicopter Co to go to Nam, I really liked that area

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll do some investigating when I"m there! Sounds like it's going to be a good trip!!!

they took the airfield land and turned it to west ft hood and combined killeen airport with it. the killeen airport is on the other side of the runway.

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky