Apple Wood in Georiga - Trying to find some

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
a earlier post asked if they sprayed the trees.i think all orchards do spray them but would it soak into hte wood?

i just got a shipment from ne ga as per my post "christmas came early" a couple days ago i got the guys card and phone # you can call him he will ship loads to you

Hey Man, I'm from North Florida and I have the same problem with finding apple wood. I don't know if it is the same but I have started using unsweetened apple juice in my smoker along with oak wood to give the meat that sweet apple taste. Like I said I don't know if it's the same but it could be worth a try.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Go to doitbest.com. You can buy 10# bags of chunks for $8 and change. They will ship to a local store (Manatee) at no charge and no tax. for special code: type in WINTER09 for extra savings.

your post made me think of a question, I have several 5 gallon buckets of Maple , Oak, Cherry, and walnut. I currently have them stacked and stored in the garage. Is there a better place to keep the wood for smoking?

Pecan wood you can pick up off the ground from North Florida well into Georgia. Why pay for it? I make trips to NC several times a year and was surprise to see little to no woods being sold commercially in Georgia. Still the same standard Mesquite and Hickory that you see in all Wal-marts. Any apple I found were only small bags of chips. Good luck with looking for it. I will check with R&A on the next trip north.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky