Another Kettel chicken.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
But dang that Kettel is handy. These were finished with a sweet heat bbq sauce( mixture of my own).

403BE3B1-34A1-4748-8856-F51E7E01967E.jpeg

I just had dinner but I have some room for some of that. I was gifted a kettle about a year ago from someone moving. I don’t have it down so each time is like the first. I do mostly hotdogs and burgers and every now and then I’ll do a tri tip. Looking good.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks perfect.
Looks good Edge, there's nothing can't be done on a kettle, use mine about 4 times a week, Like! RAY
Looks awesome. I bought a 22 kettle a few months back and love it. Still playing around with it and figuring things out
I just had dinner but I have some room for some of that. I was gifted a kettle about a year ago from someone moving. I don’t have it down so each time is like the first. I do mostly hotdogs and burgers and every now and then I’ll do a tri tip. Looking good.
Oh yes. Kettle at the finest with offset.
And lump is a plus. I recently stopped using briquettes as the quality went to poor heat heat and excessive ash.
Thank you guys. Yes those little Kettel’s are a great tool. Didn’t ever realize I needed one until I started kicking around here. Thanks a bunch.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thank you guys. Yes those little Kettel’s are a great tool. Didn’t ever realize I needed one until I started kicking around here. Thanks a bunch.

I got my first one in 1977, changed my life. Looking to get a 26er, but first I'd like to unload my offset SQ36, tho wife will order one as soon as I like. RAY

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I got my first one in 1977, changed my life. Looking to get a 26er, but first I'd like to unload my offset SQ36, tho wife will order one as soon as I like. RAY
To be honest, my whole life I refused to eat anything off of Kingsford briquettes. Most always used in a kettle type cooker. Hated the taste. Was part of what drove me to build my first real smoker about 20 years ago. It was a cinder block dry stack unit roughly based off of Marianski design. That worked great, but couldn’t keep the mice and other critters out of it.
Fast forward, I now have a nice smokehouse (my favorite) 2 pellet machines and 3 different units that run on charcoal lump. I bought the kettle a year ago just for fast supper grilling. I use lump mostly but have used some briquettes from B&B, I like those as well. I almost bought the 26 but landed on the 22. It’s fine for fast things. I really like it.
Thanks again for stopping by.

Oh yes. Kettle at the finest with offset.
And lump is a plus. I recently stopped using briquettes as the quality went to poor heat heat and excessive ash.
The excessive ash (for every briquette I tried) moved me to lump years ago. Never going back. Lump starts just fine in my chimney and runs any snake or maze I make. And no ash, even with the cheapest lump stuff.
The only thing I see briquettes have going for them is they pour out of the bag nicer.
Well I'll just bear that cross Brothers.

Came out real good . Love the look of the sauce .
My first kettle was an 18 with the one touch clean out . That was around '82 .
Had a whole turkey to do , and the damn thing was too big . So I ran up to the store and bought a 22 . I was 23 at the time . They were both 3 handles . 2 on the bowl . Wish they still had that .
That 22 I bought is at my Mom's house . Need to bring it home . The 18 I gave to a buddy of mine . He still has it .

Reactions: Fueling Around
BBQ chicken is my favorite and SOOO underrated! Yours looks spot on!
Briquettes and lump sure are convenient, but I'm swearing by starting and using REAL WOOD fires now days! One day I will own a stick burner. But it also works great in the Kettle just as you would lump. Surprised more folks aren't doing it and talking about it???

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great!

I guess I am the odd one out as I don't have a kettle.. unless you count my ol Brinkmann 3 n 1 ! HAHA

Looks perfect to me.
Thank you, Brian
Looks excellent!
I think most of us still have at least one kettle.
I still have two!
Al
Thank you Al, a guy almost can’t get by without a kettle.
Came out real good . Love the look of the sauce .
My first kettle was an 18 with the one touch clean out . That was around '82 .
Had a whole turkey to do , and the damn thing was too big . So I ran up to the store and bought a 22 . I was 23 at the time . They were both 3 handles . 2 on the bowl . Wish they still had that .
That 22 I bought is at my Mom's house . Need to bring it home . The 18 I gave to a buddy of mine . He still has it .
Thank you, Chop.
That sauce mixture comes out sweet heat and darkens up real nice.
That looks REALLY tasty. Excellent job!! Beautiful color on that chicken, that's for sure.

Robert
Thank you Robert. I do appreciate it.
BBQ chicken is my favorite and SOOO underrated! Yours looks spot on!
Briquettes and lump sure are convenient, but I'm swearing by starting and using REAL WOOD fires now days! One day I will own a stick burner. But it also works great in the Kettle just as you would lump. Surprised more folks aren't doing it and talking about it???
Thank you. So do you run the fire like an offset and build a coal bed then feed it splits?
Looks great!

I guess I am the odd one out as I don't have a kettle.. unless you count my ol Brinkmann 3 n 1 ! HAHA
Thank you Charlie.
Better catch up with the time, I guess. Lol
Nice! Basic BBQ chicken always works and a kettle does it best.
Love that pic! Who says grills have to be pretty? Makes me feel a little better about how mine looks ;-)
Thank you Smokey.
Yup, never been ashamed of any of my grills. I do like the bbq patina look also. Lol

Great job on that chicken. It looks fantastic.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky