Amazing Breakfast Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Geebs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 9, 2018
Olathe, Kansas
It’s been a long time Since I have done a fattie and had some family in town this weekend so I figured I would have a go at it again.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb mild and hot pork sausage
8 slices Canadian bacon
Sautéed onion and green pepper
Colby jack cheese
4 eggs

Rolled out the sausage and put the toppings on.
30BC4ADD-F5CA-48FF-B5EE-FB7DBAC21A15.jpeg

Put it in the fridge overnight, got up wrapped the outside in 1 layer of bacon and threw her on the smoker.
247B3056-E9E3-4C1D-BCD6-1EEE54C97571.jpeg

Smoked at 250 for 2 1/2 hours to and internal temp of 160 and pulled her off.
EEC60B56-C5D1-4EC6-8DCC-1251422C9ACC.jpeg

0AEBE591-0020-4260-B118-1F5E64F186A3.jpeg

The family devoured this thing in a matter of minutes. It was probably the best Fattie I have made so far and the family is begging me to do them more often.

Looks like a great fatty, I still haven't made one for breakfast. Ummm

Point for sure.

Chris

That looks amazing!! :p I need to try a breakfast one next...I need to be a bit more brave and add more filling next time too...yours looks fully loaded with deliciousness!! Yum!!

Nice, that is a fine looking breakfast fattie. I need to get these into my regular rotation on the smoker. I want to try several variations. I've done the breakfast one and it was fantastic. I want to try a pizza one next :)

George

I can sure see why they are begging you to do more of them!
It looks absolutely delicious!
Great work & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Thanks everyone, I think I will start to do 1-2 of these a month now or more since they were such a big hit. I sent the pics to my dad and he is going to try to make up 5-6 for his company campout next weekend.

Geebs sorry for the late response I thought I replied to this.That looks great I want to make one some day
Richie

It’s been a long time Since I have done a fattie and had some family in town this weekend so I figured I would have a go at it again.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb mild and hot pork sausage
8 slices Canadian bacon
Sautéed onion and green pepper
Colby jack cheese
4 eggs

Rolled out the sausage and put the toppings on.
View attachment 365931

Put it in the fridge overnight, got up wrapped the outside in 1 layer of bacon and threw her on the smoker.
View attachment 365932
Smoked at 250 for 2 1/2 hours to and internal temp of 160 and pulled her off.
View attachment 365933

View attachment 365934

The family devoured this thing in a matter of minutes. It was probably the best Fattie I have made so far and the family is begging me to do them more often.

That looks AMAZING. Imma have to try this.......

Lon

Awesome. I have never done one either but will this weekend. A few questions from a newbie so please forgive me. How did you get the sausage rolled out flat like that and in that shape? Also roughly what are the sausage dimensions?

Hey Iceman, Chris has a great tutorial on these for beginners.

Check out these links gmc2003 gmc2003
Part 1- https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...his-is-a-two-part-thread.275822/#post-1834218
Part 2- https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/fatties-part-two-the-bacon-weave.275824/#post-1834226
Part 3- https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/fatties-the-finally-smoked-it.275865/

I personally dont do the bacon weave, but its completely up to you. After looking let us know if you have any other questions. I think Chris does a great job explaining each step.

Reactions: TonyBones
Looks great! I assume the eggs are fully scrambled and cooked before going into the fatty? How do they hold up after being cooked again for a couple of hours?

Looks great! I assume the eggs are fully scrambled and cooked before going into the fatty? How do they hold up after being cooked again for a couple of hours?

Yes, they were pre cooked and I couldnt tell the difference from fresh out of the pan or being smoked for 2 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky